New Rod

David88

Just picked up a new rod today to match my Team Daiwa SOL 2000 spin reel. Picked up the Berkeley Dropshot Series two IM6, 7'2" 2-4kg class. I believe they're actually manufactured by Abu Garcia. It's unbelievable light and looks like it can put a bit of hurt on some decent fish. Has anybody had any experience with this rod? Just after some opinions.

Cheers,

Dave.

I picked it up from a guy i know who buys cheap from wholesalers, he's a member of my fishing club, seriously has about 400-500 rods in his personal collection. Just walked into his garage and HOLY S#!T , rods as far as the eye can see. He also builds customs.

Got it for $80. Also got a pack of the Hollowbelly Powerbaits, a pack of nitro jigheads and 200yds of Stren 12lb Fluorocarbon, the lot $20. Seriously cheap!

I've got 2 im 6's in the 1-3kg range (1pc and 2pc) and I've got nothing but praise for them. Very whippy rod, great for hardbodies and plastics. They have enough backbone to hold their own when fully loaded up so the rod won't let you down. The only criticism I can make is that the tips are quite prone to snapping so be very careful during transport and storage. Overall I reckon you'll be very happy with it.

Cheers Jono

Thanks Jono. They've got Fuji guides on 'em too which I'm very happy about. Just can't get over how much lighter, thinner and stronger it is than my old fibreglass rod. 7'2" means i should get some good distance on casts i assume. By the way if anyone is looking to score some bargains, this guy Danny is more than happy to help you out. I went over at 5 this afternoon, ended up leaving at 7:30, didn't realise how long i was there because we were in deep fishing conversation lol. It's funny how fast the time goes when you're doing something involving fishing! :P

I recently purchases a gen3 3-6kg dropshot and it has a sexy curve when loaded up and plenty of grunt to steer the fight my way. The tip has a decent size eye compared to my other similar rods, so is better for heavier leader knots when casting

Yeah mate, it's at his residence, got like a whole room in his house dedicated to it. If you like i can give you his name and his number, he has some really good stuff atm. I'm just so impressed with his prices, told him i was gonna send my mates there and he was all for it. Pretty sure he does a little bit of advertising here and there so is definitely looking to make sales. It's more of a hobby for him, obviously makes a slight margin on the stuff too. But seriously, most of the stuff is about 50-60% of what you'd expect to pay.

Archived