Doughnuts :'(

JamesMac

Heyy all,

well im getting pretty sick of catching nothing, im not sure what im doing wrong or whether im just not going to the right spots..

I have been fishing around Raby Bay canal entrances and Eprapah creek(freshwater or salt?) but i have been doing these places with little to no luck, Just recently i finally hooked up only to drop the fish seconds into the fight :( ..

so i was wandering if anybody would be able to help me out.. i have been using bait, Soft plastics and Hard bodies (favourite), So if anybody could help me out with either some where to go how to go about it or anything along those lines. feel free to schedule a day too always keen to meet AFO members.

James :D

P.S. I am also a land based fisherman.

Mate if your free on Saturday the 14th of August come along to the bream social and get some tips off people.. I remember seeing a while ago you posted not being able to catch anything at raby bay so i went on a quick landbased sesh in the canals there. Landed 15 squire, some bream and some moses perch so the fish are there maybe your going wrong tide?

What kind of bait and lures are you using? How are you using them? Where are you casting them? all comes into play mate..

Goodluck for the future!

51MPL sounds like you had a nice day its a great seneray aee..

i have been fishing in the Canal Entrances as that is the only places i have ever caught fish.. i have never had any luck in the canal itself but heard many stories of them..

I have used Pillies, Squid, Worm, Fisho, Mullet and Prawns mullet seem to work the best i have tried floating a full pillie as i had been informed great big cod pop up and take them i have seen a great big cod out there though this thing was a horse aee..

i like to mix up my HB's so i have a fair bit of variety i have fished only 3' nuclear chicken and pumpkin seed lures and also a peper prawn shrimp which really did some damage in my first 3 cast (tailor, Estuary Cod) i have tried high tide and low tide both day, night and sunset never sunrise (no one will take me)

i use a quick twitch with my hard bodies giving them time to drop and still have some action and with my SP's i dont really know what to do so i pretty much do the same thing.. :laugh:

i will hopefully try the bream social (seeing as bream are my favourite fish to catch) :laugh:

Thanks Alot

Mate,

the Southport broadwater at this time of year fires for big bream on live worm baits. Try casting up-current from the pontoom near the ramp on the south side of the Nerang River bridge, let your' bait bounce back till it stops and if there's no hits, let it sit.

Works for me every time, mostly keepers. And they hit HARD in that current

hi

James mac

sounds like you got some good info there jimbo

have you tried out your new gear yet after the old man put on the braid for you

maybe if your nice to your old man

he might take you for a hit at canals on the gold coast

have to book a day on the 14th and watch how the boys do it

what do you say

Archived