Eprepah Creek

JamesMac

Heyy all

not sure if eprapah is freshwater but still

i have been trying the eprapah of late with no success i have been landbased :(

are there any specific things i should try, i have had HB's and SP's and have been throwing them around the fishing platform and under the new looking bridge, which is fenced off when you try to get there but i get there :laugh:,

i have only seen one bream (monster) but nothing has even showed interest in my lures beside toad fish.

Is there any tips you guys can share?

Thank You all

take some bread with you and see if you can get some baitfish feeding

action attracts attention

if there are bigger fish in the area they will come over for a look see

keep working your lures around the baitfish

if all you attract is big mullet put some bread on a hook and have some fun

jeff f wrote:

take some bread with you and see if you can get some baitfish feeding

action attracts attention

if there are bigger fish in the area they will come over for a look see

keep working your lures around the baitfish

if all you attract is big mullet put some bread on a hook and have some fun

The food chain in action. Great advice B)

eprepah is a hot and cold creek and is salt water as far up as you can take a small tinny the creek holds some small jew, big jacks, horse bream, fair size cod, the odd tailor and pike eels like youve never seen it always holds good schools of bait so with a cast net your sure to get some poddy mullet use them around the turn of the tide at dusk and dawn.

As for lures me and my regular deckie have caught all these species on both HB and SP around dusk and dawn while waiting for slack water to use our livies. Big cod in there love hot pink HB's have been bricked there at some small ledges on the edge of the creek multiple times. Most lures in the 40-60mm range that closely match the colour of a mullet will get nailed at the right time of day.

Try to get there in a small tinny if possible drift allong the edge casting at or under any structure you see the are some nice snags and over hanging mangroves up there. But make sure you get out 1 hour before low tide as even a small tinny will struggle to get out the mouth at low tide.

Have fun and good luck

just a quick heads up to anyone going there in a tinny dont fang through there in your tinny till you know the river there are some great prop/gearbox smashing rock bars in there.

Thanks for all the tips guys,

i might try it out tomorrow (12th) as its my last day of holidays and cant think of a better way then to go fishing :laugh:

i have plenty of hot pink lures as the trevaly seem to like them :P so i will give it a smash

Thanks again

Ive fished in there loads both from land and tinny. Have managed my pb flathead 74cm from the bank there on soft plastics along with alot of smaller ones. From the boat i used to be successful in trolling small lures by lifting up the motor and rowing. Trolling with the current always seemed best. From the platform, if you look out to your left where the creek is straight for a couple of hundered metres, there are alot of bream down this straight, all happy to hit lures. Casting into the shadows with small shrimp soft plastics on light jigheads seems to work with the bream and flatties.

Best colours for the soft plastics are natural and the best in hb seem to be bright gold/oranges, pinks and naturals also.

Paul

Archived