Eprapah Creek (fished)

JamesMac

Heyy all,

i tried the eprepah creek today fished from about 10:30 to 1:30 with out even a nibble.

i keep hearing how good it is but i cant get anything out of it. i tried bread,SP's and HB's

with out even a nibble :( the tide seemed pretty low at this time maybe on a high tide?

could somebody tell or show me how they work there lures..

Thanks guys

In my opinion bud if your starting out on plastics in general you need to be targetting flathead! Find some nice sand/mud flats that drain into a deeper channel somewhere that have 1-2ft of water over them at high tide. Throw on a pair of rubber reef booties or volley's so you dont step on a sting ray or stone fish.. Hit it just near the top of the tide after it starts to run out.

4-10lb braid, 8-14lb leader - 1/20th jig head (if the water is around 1m in depth) and a 3 or 4 inch nuclear chicken gulp minnow and cover ground.

Work an area over, casting in all directions, wade another 20-30m then do the same.

I promise mate if you persist with this exact approach you will see your first fish on plastics in not much time at all.. But be persistent! So many options for sand/mud flats round the place - wellington point, raby bay, nudgee beach, margate etc etc..

Good luck!

chris_stewart14 wrote:

In my opinion bud if your starting out on plastics in general you need to be targetting flathead! Find some nice sand/mud flats that drain into a deeper channel somewhere that have 1-2ft of water over them at high tide. Throw on a pair of rubber reef booties or volley's so you dont step on a sting ray or stone fish.. Hit it just near the top of the tide after it starts to run out.

4-10lb braid, 8-14lb leader - 1/20th jig head (if the water is around 1m in depth) and a 3 or 4 inch nuclear chicken gulp minnow and cover ground.

Work an area over, casting in all directions, wade another 20-30m then do the same.

I promise mate if you persist with this exact approach you will see your first fish on plastics in not much time at all.. But be persistent! So many options for sand/mud flats round the place - wellington point, raby bay, nudgee beach, margate etc etc..

Good luck!

Some really good advice there by Chris. Flatties are a great option to begin with as they're alot more forgiving with your technique and very predictable in when/how they feed.

Just to add though, a good starting technique is to keep the retrieve slow as possible with some little hops. Also try fishing when the tide coincides with either dawn or dusk. Not saying you can't catch fish during the middle of the day, but from my experience your chances improve when there's less traffic and less direct light.

try and use your lures very close to you, see how manipulating your rod tip moves the plastic/hb. if you are fishing in dirty water, a pool is a great place to try.

also read up on where your targeted fish are, ie flathead (which at times are stupidly easy to catch hence why they have been suggested by Chris for you) which hunt around drains, weed beds, drop offs down current side and other structure which concentrates bait into them. then target those areas more. also try to reduce your splashing and make long casts. all fish are tuned in to their area and a large shadow or shape moving is most likely going to eat it.

David Green has some very good articles and cos he fishes the GC mainly, it is top notch local advice. if memory serves, he writes for Fishing World. otherwise there are many many forums.

High tide is better - but I also like night for Eprapah. there are some big fish in there including some nice jacks - but a bit to cold at the moment. Should be able to target some decent bream around structure and some flatties on the drop offs on a falling tide. As far as the lures go -some good advice above - I say just keep on trying different methods and don't just remember what works - write it down. A diary helps heaps

sjs :fishing:

Mattstar

If you know where Faith lutheren High is

you turn right so that you are travelling down the road and can see faith on the right hand side, keep going and there will be a small bend keep on going (bear right) and follow that road straight to the end and there will be some boat yards at the very end of the road there is a dirt patch, Park there go into a walk way and walk untill you see a wooden bridge turn left (not onto the bridge) keep following and there shall be a fishing platform there :D

:aussie:

have done plenty of yakking in eprapah and parked at that spot (end of beverage road) ive never had a problem there, we also do a bit of bank fishing from inside the marina at night and park outside the gate as it gets locked up you can hear the odd hoon here and there but still no problems i wouldnt suggest taking your pride and joy there though

Archived