Grants Bream social report.

grant h

The day started out as any other early moring mission does with the manditory macas bacon and egg muffins and hashbrowns. It was a fresh 7oC on a dark sat morning. I met up with other AFO members and my skipper for the day Dennis (Keen as fisho). After a small breifing from event organisers scope and 51MPL it was time to head off but not before grabing a pack of DAMIKI soft plastics that were donated by ZIM Man (a big thatnkyou to Zim man). The boat was launched to perfect conditions holding high hope for the days events.

After flicking a veriety of plastics and H/B at some pontoons and rock walls for about an hour with little success we moved on to the canals behind surfers. The gun Dennis was pulling a few U/S fish with one leagal keeper at 29 before all went quiet. A quick trip to the canals of Runaway bay and we were off again with plenty of bites but not much boating of fish, again Dennis was able to hook up to some more U/S fish with my total after about 4 hours was about 15 boat ropes and no fish.

A quick flick at some sand flats to try and dedeem myself and we were of to event HQ as the wind had picked up and made for not so plesent conditions by this time my total was again still zip.

A BBQ with the guys and a discussion of days events wrapped up the first of i hope many AFO bream socials. A big thankyou to Jonno and Khoi for ogranising the event and Zim man for the pastics. Not many fish caught but a great day out.

Below is a pick of all the fish i caught.

Note the blank space....... I finished on a dougnut.

Thanks guys

Grant.

Archived