7.5 Earthquake in New Zealand this morning at 4.30

taib

Hi Guys, had a sms from my baby brother in New Zealand, saying they just had a massive earthquake! Just as i was to call mum, she called me saying it was a violent earthquake. Everthing in the house that was hanging or in cabinets have fallen and smashed.

Most houses around Darfield had structural damage and have collapsed. Lucky for mum, her house was new / earthquake resistant and had no structural damage.

Electricity and water have been cut off.

To all our fellow fisho's out there with family and friends in NZ, Our thoughts are with you and we hope everyone is alright.

couriermail link
/>http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/nz-earthquake-rocks-christchurch/story-e6freon6-1225914078910

Cheers

ty

rayke1938 wrote:

Ty good to hear that your mum and bro are ok.Just had a look at the courier mail photos and it looks like there will be massive infrastructure damage that will take a long time to restore.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks Ray, Mum and kids are ok. They are stll experiencing heaps of tremors even til as we speak now. Most of the south island has been affected. Lets hope that a Tsunami is not created.

Cheers,

ty

Archived