mackerel season

tugger

has been a great mackerel season alright tugger!! We were even still getting them in middle of winter and a few 20kg plus aswell :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Tugger is right though livies work the best by far! If they are thick lures will work, but when they wont hit lures they will always hit livies if they around.

my pb for the season was just on 20kg and within casting distance of the beach as you can see and middle of winter ;)

Look forward to chasing the speedstars again in the next few weeks and crack the 30kg mark :evil:

post-4019-144598539018_thumb.jpg

What area where you in so near to the beach to catch that one?:woohoo:

My guess Couran Cove off Stradie ????

we trolled inside the bar at inskip point amongst the schools of pilchards and tailor hanging around the beach. Dont be afraid to troll big baits too, in the end we trolled live legal size tailor which accounted for majority of the catches and stopped the tuna annoying us on the lures.

What area where you in so near to the beach to catch that one?:woohoo:

My guess Couran Cove off Stradie ????

we trolled inside the bar at inskip point amongst the schools of pilchards and tailor hanging around the beach. Dont be afraid to troll big baits too, in the end we trolled live legal size tailor which accounted for majority of the catches and stopped the tuna annoying us on the lures.

You Mexicans (Southerners ) there is fish life North of Stradbroke Island:P :laugh:

Archived