Live Baiting Fail!

Fishguts

Yeh ya know,so the last few days ive been out and about,giving the sharks a rest for a while and decided to target some fish on live baiting after being inspired by a fellow at brekky creek the other night catch a thready on it.So the other night i went to brekky creek again,reel goes off,here i am absolutely cheering thinking ive hooked up to a mad fish and a catty pops up :( Anywho,i went out again today in the kayaks with a mate,and after about half hour or so i found a good looking snag which i threw a plastic into and had a solid hookup,the fish was swimming round and round the kayak and i found myself doin a full 360 degree motion with the rod haha and then a massive flathead rocked to the surface,this thing would have to have been at least 80cm,even my mate yelled out when he saw the head of it and i was yelling hard out for him to come over so we could boat it coz it was getting out of control (lesson for next time,buy a landing net) my friend didnt make it intime and it spat the placo and was on its way so UNFORTUNATELY my claim to fame of a good lizard went to shit and i cant prove it ever happened :P Moments after it was gone,anybody near the creek wouldve heard "Noooooooooooooooooooo!".Meanwhile back at the ranch,we continued live baiting,and my mate aproached a snag and sure enough,hooked up.So i paddled str8 over to be all the help i could be,and it was a catty!!!! haha i gotta admit tho it was a clean lookin catty,it was only a catfish but none the less,it was better than a punch in the face.I threw a few pics up of our "trip",nothing great but worth a look for a laugh of a pair of idiots idolising a catfish.

cheers

matt

post-8439-144598543302_thumb.jpg

post-8439-144598543315_thumb.jpg

post-8439-144598543321_thumb.jpg

post-8439-14459854333_thumb.jpg

Ha ha, yeh I also had to give my 11 yr old son the talk as a result...the talk were dad says..."there is a time and a place for swearing"..:whistle: ...Mate would be keen to do branch into a lille sharking and livebaiting for jews in the BR at night. I only have a 3.5 mtr tinny but its all kitted with lights needed and would be keen for a decky with experience on the bullies if your keen?

Cheers Andrew

Sweet well i will let you know when I get the next chance for a night mission. Been out heaps lately and need to give it a rest till next week again as i reall should start paying some bills :whistle: ....

Whats your weekly schedule mate? I work as a bouncer every second weekend and have my 12 yr old boy on the other weekends (working this weekend). I also work with a mate during weekdays but usually get a day or two off mid-week and sometimes its a last minute change or cancellation so if your local and/or have a way to meet me at the ramp and available at short or long notice we should be able to sort something out if i know when your free.

Andrew

Thats right mate...any single father will tellyou the same :P ....funny I now I work in the industry of peace-keeping dealing with drunken fools I have managed to keep the peace in my private life ;) . I have my boy next weekend and he is very very keen to go camping and try to catch a shark so if you know any spots that are suitable let me know. Cam take the boat to access areas if needed and am more than happy to not pay camping fees if you know what I mean :whistle:

Nothing special. I just have an old Penn 330 GTI O/head on a 10-15kg Wanker Rod...(my mate made it :whistle: ). Its spooled with 30lb mono. Also have a abu ambassadoor b/caster with drag I can set and ratchet thats spooled with 20lb that I can put on a 4-8kg ugly stick. Apart from that just have my SP gear but do have a slightly heavier (10-20lb) spin rod and reel that would def handle bullies up to a metre

hey i fish the pine a fair bit,mostly target sharks but there is some good stuff around all the "shit" areas.Ive always been a strong believer of if you can "fish"the place properly it will deliver.But in sayin that i fail a lot :P but then again sometimes i prevail.I mostly travel to other places like strathpine and stuff.Cabbage tree creek and all that is flogged out but i have seen good stuff get pulled from it.

Archived