20kg+ Drag system

Fishguts

does it matter if it is spin or over head cuz i no of a good spin one but its only in america http://www.basspro.com/Daiwa-Exceler-Saltwater-Spinning-Reels/product/10204501/-1646132 thats the website and it isnt too expensive

cheers ryan

that'd be 22 pounds of drag on the Exceler Ryan, got to remember that BassPro is in America, they're a little stubborn and won't use metric because its too confusing for them.

I have been reading up on the Fin-Nor reels. Cheap but i have heard some mixed reviews. Had a mate use one of their overheads and he rated it quite highly and he normally uses the top end gear...

Here is the link to them. I think the Offshore 95 has about 27kg of drag in a spinning reel for under $250...

/>http://www.jarviswalker.com.au/brands/fin-nor.html

i have a few accurates and they are a serious bit of kit, and believe me they will put more pressure on a fish than you will be able to hang onto for any amount of time. i have the lil cr12 spinnin reel and it is capable of 50lbs of drag prssure and the cr20 i dont have, but i have the cr30 which will hurt you seriously at 70lbs of drag, and a sustainable drag, not an advertased drag, but honestly, if you intend to be fishin from a boat, that is just stupid amounts of drag, you will end up over the side. this aint bs. only need 10 kilo drag max, but with a very smooth drag, you wont have any probs.

rob

also look at the 665h boss reels, i have a few of these and find them really nice, nice drag and again over kill for wot we have here, i only have these bcos i went jigging mad. they hardly come out of their covers these days, probably havent seen daylight in over 2 years now.

i have a few accurates and they are a serious bit of kit, and believe me they will put more pressure on a fish than you will be able to hang onto for any amount of time. i have the lil cr12 spinnin reel and it is capable of 50lbs of drag prssure and the cr20 i dont have, but i have the cr30 which will hurt you seriously at 70lbs of drag, and a sustainable drag, not an advertased drag, but honestly, if you intend to be fishin from a boat, that is just stupid amounts of drag, you will end up over the side. this aint bs. only need 10 kilo drag max, but with a very smooth drag, you wont have any probs.

rob

also look at the 665h boss reels, i have a few of these and find them really nice, nice drag and again over kill for wot we have here, i only have these bcos i went jigging mad. they hardly come out of their covers these days, probably havent seen daylight in over 2 years now.

Ive had a feel of robs cr30... theres no way id crank that much drag from a boat unless you want to loose your gear or go skiing

Archived