Cameron Rocks

fatmuf

So the story is, i was fishing off the little undercover spot at Cameron Rocks using bits of brim for bait. I thought that'd be a hit but after a while of dead silence and not a single nibble, some blokes rocked up with chicken fillet and started catching some little brim. Having never used chicken fillet before this was completely new to me, so i thought i'd give it a try.

The next day before work i checked the freezer, found a nice fillet and let it thaw out in the fridge at work.

COB i took off to the same spot at Cameron Rocks and got all my gear right and ready and pulled out my fillet - only to find it was a flamin' pork fillet!:pinch: So there i am thinking "Great, i'm not gonna get a single hit off this!" but not wanting to give up, sent it out anyway.

It was in for a couple minutes before i started getting bites at it and before too long i had something on the line. Pulling her up closer and closer the fight started getting a bit weird, with the line going slack and then jumping back on until eventually - what looked like - a whiting jumped out of the water right in front of me and managed to free himself from my line. At least i knew something was gonna go for the pork!B)

I left it in for a while longer but things died down quickly, so eventually i got stuck into using the prawns for bait. Much to my surprise, nothing wanted a piece of prawn and again after a while of inactivity - and getting rather fed up with my inability to hook anything but the rocks below [three snags that i had to cut the line for!!:angry: ] - i decided one last time to give the pork a try.

In she went! Before long i started getting a few more bites and much to my satisfaction i got a nice chomp. Not much of a struggle, but up came my first estuary cod! :laugh:

post-8382-144598544348_thumb.jpg

At only 20-25cm i still thought it was a beautiful little catch! At least i didn't feel like i'd had a wasted night!

--------------

Also, met a nice fella at Brett's Dwarf not long ago and thought i'd see if he was hanging about tonight. Sure enough, there he was, and after enquiring into how'd his evening had treated him he replied with this eyeful.

post-8382-144598544362_thumb.jpg

Mario had caught himself a nice looking Thready at about 80cm! I hadn't seen one in person before so i was pretty happy for him and thought i should post it up for his recognition :)

Archived