There are no bullsharks in the brisbane river

Fishguts

Those were the words of an extremely intelligent gentlemen that decided to share his educated opinion to the public on 4BC this morning,unfortunately its people like that that get eaten,attacked and also the ones who declare that all sharks in the vicinity of a recent attack be culled.Which is yet another smart idea from the public :P

That's funny, yesterdays paper had a story with a huge pic of a sharks fin in the water at Mt Crosby. The story was about the shark in the picture bein over 3m.... Yeah, no sharks in the Brisbane river :laugh:

Haha saw that fin pic in the courier. Pretty sure it was just debris hey. They trudged out Terries big BRC bullie again in the same article. Was good for comparison actually as the dorsal on his shark looked nothing like what they showed in the piccy.

he's right. I've NEVER EVER seen one in the River and can confidently say there are no sharks in the Brisbane River ...............................near Fernvale

dont know about that. saw a bullie this morning out at kholo cruzin the banks. kholos above the weir.

Hay Mick I've been tellin people for ages there's one there but they all just laughed and said its fresh dickhead.......

he's right. I've NEVER EVER seen one in the River and can confidently say there are no sharks in the Brisbane River ...............................near Fernvale

dont know about that. saw a bullie this morning out at kholo cruzin the banks. kholos above the weir.

Hay Mick I've been tellin people for ages there's one there but they all just laughed and said its fresh dickhead.......

I have caught many a Bullshark at Colleges crossing, the last one I caught was in June and it weighed in at 86kg.

I've not really doubted it. An energetic pup could get up over the weir during flood events. I assume thats how the tarpon ended up there too

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen the pic but I'm not really surprised. I've heard the bridge near Ipswich is an awesome spot for Bullies, and apparently they go way further upstream than that as well, though a lot smaller than what you would find in the mouth. I've also read an old article in some random fishing magazine in some waiting room about a scientist (who studies Bullies), giving tips on where to catch them. I think he mentioned that Breakfast Creek wharf as being a particularly good spot :P

I've not really doubted it. An energetic pup could get up over the weir during flood events. I assume thats how the tarpon ended up there too

plus the ones that have been caught below the old weir and transferred to above the main weir

Archived