Fish out of water needs help!!

redslayer

Well I feel like a fish out of water anyway!!! New to Queensland ( Just moved to Brisbane from Port Lincoln, S.A.) and in desperate need of a bit of advice on where to fish, close to home (Birkdale) would be good. I have an 18ft Centre Console tinny but she's still in Lincoln at the moment- gotta get her over here soon i'm goin crazy without it!!!

Anyway at the moment I've had to revert back to landbased fishing for my fix but without much success. I heard about the Bream and muddies (mad keen for a feed of muddies) at Tingalpa Ck but had no luck, even travelled up to NPD to try my hand at a bass for the first time with no luck... (did clean up on massive redclaw though....YUM:laugh: ).

If anyone might be able to steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Since I'm new here i thought i might take this opportunity to post a couple of pics aswell - just to show what the fishing is like down south !

post-8827-144598567942_thumb.jpg

post-8827-144598567951_thumb.jpg

post-8827-144598567961_thumb.jpg

post-8827-144598567891_thumb.jpg

post-8827-144598567895_thumb.jpg

post-8827-144598567904_thumb.jpg

post-8827-144598567913_thumb.jpg

post-8827-144598567923_thumb.jpg

post-8827-144598567932_thumb.jpg

Hey red welcome to brisvagas and wellcome to AFO.Mate if you keen for land base at the moment with all the fresh pushing into the rivers around brisbane give the gold coast seaway a crack on the run in tide for jewfish,bream,flathead and even the odd mackrel alond with cobia (BLACK KINGFISH).You could also get the barage over to stradie to do some land base chasing kingies,trev's and some pretty good bream.

good luck and keep your eye out for people putting up posts about going fishing you might be able to tag along the best way to find out whats going on around the place.

cheers dassa

Welcome to the site and to QLD!

A lot of fishing over the coming weeks/months will be trial and error with many old favourite spots changed forever by the recent floods and lots of new structure to explore.

In the near future the Gold Coast canals and estuaries may well be the best bet for a fishing fix, have a look thru the past reports for some more specific areas to target.

Good luck, hope to see some reports of your adventures soon

rod

Have a look at this site www.sunfishqld.com.au/ click on 'Sites of Interest' then 'Where to go fishing'.

It should give you plenty of shore-based options. Please note that the maps were published before the introduction of the green zones (eg Woody Point) so I'd be checking that you can still fish there.

Luc

Archived