woody pont jetty

josha293

any way an hour after i was fishin when my line started going off and i caught a shovel nosed ray. then another 2 after that. was heaps of fun fishing out there untill the rain started. about 30 minutes after that i caught a sting ray. nothing happened after that but was still raineing so we packed up and headed home. gunna go out tomoz niht and try again.

post-8857-144598580621_thumb.jpg

post-8857-144598580631_thumb.jpg

post-8857-14459858064_thumb.jpg

I haven't been down to the Woody Pt jetty since this northerly came up, but I was down there a couple of mornings last week during the south easterly looking for sandies. I was amazed at the number and quality of bream being caught. Most were being caught on small live herring casting towards the bay, (towards the rubbly ground) midway between the shore and the half way shelter. One bream went a massive 42cm. Also saw some nice snaps caught that would have been well and truly legal at any other time. The southeaster is due back on Sat and coincides with the new moon, it'll be interesting to see if the bream come back on the bite.

yeah i got stabed by it as well hurt when i got me but my finger is ok. i got one little prawn in the net but went out to bongaree last friday and this fella caught 3 massive prawns and a few squid. wouldent mind going out there to get some baite

it is up at mooloolaba, off the rock wall at the point cartwright side, i normaly use a small binito fillet on size 3/0 long shank hook, got to 6.6f on that, as well as heap of rays, snapper and the bread and butter speices,

but the is a lot of sharp rocks under the water so i normaly use at least 15lb main with a long trace of about 50lb

Cheers Corey

Archived