Gday To All

kitacooch

Just thought i would post up a quick G'day as i sit here trying unlock my iphones :angry:

My name is Troy i am 35 married with 4 kids under 7yrs, moved to QLD 10 years ago, mad keen fisherman since i can remember, first of a few boats at age 15, reg fishing club attendee from age 15 to 25 when mooved to QLD. Sold boat barely wet a line in ten years, retained all my gear though and dusted off once in a while, just bought a boat with a mate last week, its a rip snorter, 1988 bayliner 35ft sports cruiser, 40ft overall reco 454's, genset, sleeps 6 down stairs 2 up top, just waiting on a starter motor and she will be ready to rock and roll (literally). Main reason for purchase is to cruise broadwater and moreton bay with family but got the fishing bug big time, i mean big time i am hangin to hook up, feel like a kid again, keen to go outside to really bend a rod, looking to follow some others as know nothing about these waters and how to fish them, fuel too expensive to run around with no idea :dry: will catch yas in the forum rooms as will be hungy for info.

Cheers

welcome to the site mate. You will fins a wealth of knowledge and a great community here. There are regular tag along trips posted at times so you should be able to get some knowledge. That is a serious boat so I reckon you should have no problem heading out in it. There are also a lot of deckie spots posted up and you could jump on one of those and head out with an experienced skipper to get some experience.

welcome to the site Troy, sounds like a nice Boat, youll get plenty of chances for trips here troy. Also meet some good mates. I have only been on the site for 1 year and boat and now have my 1st boat I have also met blokes and we know take turns in trips out either sharing the costs or doing the same for them on the next trip so hopefully you'll meet some of them and do the same. My boat is a 6 metre Whittley cruiser with 140 4stroke Suzuki outboard if theres as spare spot sometimes I'll let you know, where are you located at?

Dave

Archived