Trolling for something bigish. Need Help!

jhedrick

Hi Guys,

I am new to the whole trolling etc but I have had great success around peel for flat head, cod, tailor and pike. I was going to go trolling on the other side of peel where the channel is hoping to catch something big. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I was going to get something halco but wanted to know what size, colour, popper or deep diver should i use and what sort of fish i could possibly catch. How far out the back of the boat etc i should have it going. If anyone has any suggestions it would be most helpful as am pretty new to salt water fishing and have a small boat that is pretty funny but does the job.

Thanks

Jordan

Maybe halco scorpion crazy deeps? They are cheap and catch fish. Dunno about in Bris but in the north I like the silver 'mullet' pattern trolled as fast as they will go (about 5 knots), on braid with about 35-40m of line out. I don't use mono for trolling as the lures don't work as hard cos of the stretch that mono has. Crazy deeps generally don't swim well straight out of the box though, they nearly always need fine tuning till they swim straight.

Hey Tony,

I just went down to tackle warehouse and got some advice, they have set me up with a jackall lure that looks like white bait and another one that is blue green and silver. I got a trolling rig that cost a bit too much that i attach to one of my lines and i was just going to attach the other lure straight to the mono. Do you use some sort of swivel or something to attach the lure to the line? or do you just tie it straight to the lure?

The tackle warehouse guy kinda suggested i wont be catching tuna out there but chances are i will come across some spotted mac and tailor. Well im going to put things to the test on thursday so finger crossed.

also received http://www.dealextreme.com/p/portable-sonar-2-1-lcd-fish-finder-alarm-4-aaa-41054 in the mail and going to give it a test and see if it works on my little boat.

Anyway i hope i catch something that is a good fight if not i have a few spots where i have been catching 60-70cm flathead.

If anyone has any tips on how i should attach my other lure and good spots to troll in moreton let me know. thanks

Jordan

Archived