AFO Sharking Social

madmullet

Ok guys and gals.... date has been set for the 16/4-17/4. now i am open to ideas as to where to go. i no everyone hasent got a boat or a big enough boat to acsess northern bart of the bay. so hear is a couple of ideas just to throw it out their....

The pin and surrounding areas. good to camp around the bedrooms or on sth straddie. due to the clarity of water at high tide during the day, sharks will spook and are harder to catch but the night time is great for them. sharks ranging from your small bull shark, hammer and whaler speicies up to the larger species to 10ft.

Brisy river .now i dont no of anywhere, where people camp so we can mingle and put the boats safely but when it comes to the fishing you can target them from the small pups up to the big boys.

The southern bay, eg peel.. now i think we can camp on peel and anchor our boats safely as well, as long as a southerly doesnt blow. the tide can be a bit annoying hear as it is quite shallow. fishing is quite good around these areas, but current can be a hassle...

Baits... eel, mullet, bonito, mackeral, tuna, rays, slimey mackeral, pike yellow tail, tailor ect...

Wire.. depending on size of shark you want to canch, anything from 50lb coated wire up to 600lb coated wire or if you want to be adventurous... 400lb nylon

Hooks... once again depends on what size shark.from 4/0- 16/0 will caver all aspects and either j hook, offset j hook or circle hooks work all well. i would suggest you use tuna circles as they are more likely to jaw hook a shark rather that gut hook. so as to resease them as healthy as possible

Rods and reels.. for your little boys if you want some awsom fun run 2-4kg outfits. good fun and lightning runs on light gear. you dont have to have overheads to catch sharks or heavy tackle, and rod and reel ( or hand line for you well indownd people....lol ) will be fine...

i hope we can get the rite amount of boats to destribute out through out the people with out boats.

can yuo please p.m me if you are caming and wheather you have a boat or not so i can orgiise groups.... if you have any further question please p.m me or just reply or you can flick me a txt or call me on 0432 4111 95........

thanks heaps kurt:woohoo:

well so far we have................

chris + 1

mani

ausswi with boat

and panckakes & haggis......

i can fish 2-3, i wont fish so it gives others a chance

and ausswi can fit 1....

so all good at this stage.....

if we have anyprobs with numbers we can arrange a landbase trip and run baits with my boat or jet ski....

come on guys jump aboard

Sounds good! I should be able to make it saturday arvo/night... not sure if I can write off a whole weekend and camp tho. Il be bringing my tinnie down, and chasing the little guys on spin gear, and something bigger on my 30lb overhead setup.

Hopefully someone can show me how to throw my castnet to pick up some live bait ;)

awsom mick fillet.....

that is much appriciated... welcome abboared

Mate go to the community tab on the top and on the drop down menu click "events".

Once you are on the events page there will be a "create" option on the far right.

Click this and follow the prompts :)

Cheers.

Angus

For those that are going, the event has been setup by madmullet now in the event calendar.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/54-Shark+Fishing+Social+and+get+together

Reminder, that it is easy to add events to calendar (whether they are a social fishing get together, a boat show, an outdoor event, or just a general event in Brisbane or Qld). Super easy to do from your profile and a good way to organise it through the RSVP system.

cheers

Archived