goin through a few old pics

mick fillet

I found an old memory card on the book shelf and on it a few old pics.thought id share

Quite a few years back now at kookaburra park there was a dolphin that used to hang around my boat while i fished for sharks and threadies.this is before that part of the river was very popular for fishos but there was skiers there on the week end

she came up river folowing the schools of tailor and mullet.I used to fish kookaburra almost every day after work and due to work comitments at the time i didnt go down for two days in a row,but after that i did get back down there and on arrival on the corner to get live bait i found her dead on the sand out the front of the karana down golf coarse(i remember the day well it was the day i lost a good mate) :( any way i called parks and wild life and the ranger came and got her dead body the next day on the high tide by this stage she had floated down to the pontoon on the corner and thats where they pick her up,ranger took her away for an autopsy but i never heard any more on the subject.

whats that thing in its mouth? some sad pictures though

looks like it's tongue i think?

shame to see mick... it was only little :( . water condition must have been pretty good to have the little fella up that far? how long ago was this?

whats that thing in its mouth? some sad pictures though

looks like it's tongue i think?

shame to see mick... it was only little :( . water condition must have been pretty good to have the little fella up that far? how long ago was this?

dunno Eug. i can still see black soot around the ally welds on the tinnie so i obviously had just finished making it and that was a loooong time ago. thats the red tinnie now, i painted it for the SOO that i still use today its me fav.some reason i got a sweet spot for it she pritty much unsinkable.B)

That's a shame mate, amazing that one was that far up the river, just goes to show you never know what's going to turn up where in the mighty brissy river.

During the drought the river was salty a long way up and a lot clearer too.

Yeah very true, sort of forget about the drought that we went through with all this rain and flooding that's been around lately. I do recall an article about a dolphin up the river a bit before but I think that was around Indro or something.

Archived