Hound dogs driveing me CRAZY!!!

zan0_15

hey.... have got massive issues with a jumping dog (bull arab)..has now figured out he can get out and is all over it doing it non stop......gets to the otherside then runs up and down the fence barking with my other dog!!! i dont get it......buttttt my fence has to be sorted and that is my job for the weekend!!!

just throwing it out there...does anyone know where i can get some fenceing wire at a good price.......i dont want to buy it from bunnings as i need about 50 metres and i know ill get ripped a new one.....

so if anyone knows of anywhere that may be open tomorro i would very much appreciate it....

thanks,..Zane

Mate I feel your pain. Mesh products Australia at Archerfield have the same shit as bunnings at half the price! My dog did the same, how is he getting out, climbing? I have a golden retriever that did the same.

I love Bull Arabs, and am getting one for my next dog. A good tip is to put a little rail on the top of the fence, I put heaps of little bits of wood on top of fence poles with three screws that stick out about 20cm and then put a wire through that and made a little lip out of weld mesh for it, that makes it hard for them to get over. You can also buy a product called, Dingo rollers, that may help, but since I did this my boy hasn't escaped, and he is a hoodini

oh yer hes mad.....he jumps up and puts his paws onthe top rail of the fence then puts his back paws in the chainlink holes and climbs it like a ladder!!!! iv had him for a year and he is just realised he can do it and now its a free for all!!!

will check out mesh products mate thanks!

they are great dogs....primarily as a hunting dog but are such sooks when it comes to people....young fella from next door (year 5) comes round every arvo and plays with him and its amazing to watch how gentle the dog is with him....completely different to when i play with him!!

hmmmm would defineately be a cheaper option thats for sure!!! do you reside around archerfield do ya? im at acacia ridge....not hittin u up to help with the fence lol....but always good to know last minute fishing trip AFOers are around if theyre up for it!!

only problem with electirc fence is that I have seen it make dogs go crazy scared. Old mate got one and his dog just sat under the house whimpering, too scared to move.

I used them with my dogs and they work a treat to keep them out of the gardens. Once they are hit a few times you can remove the box and the tape will suffice. Did not send my dogs crazy. Plenty of farm dogs have to deal with it.

just finished extending the fence by 1 metre! and i got scorched....red as a beetroot..

got the dog mesh cheap as......$120 for 100 metres from fence co down at underwood....

if i had of bought it from bunnings would have cost me close to 5 times the amount for the same product....

glad its done and will be even gladder if it works!!

cheers

Archived