Offshore Forster Report

Phoenixx

Well, I managed to convince the old man to take his new boat out today for a test run.

Was on the water by 7am and with glassy conditions really opened up the 150 e-tec to give it a good run. We headed straight to the FAD to see what was around. Within 30 secs of the first bait hitting the water we had a first hook up with a monster kingfish taking the pilchard on the surface.:woohoo: It ran for about a minute then snapped the 30 pound braid I was using. A quick re rig and back in the water. Pulled in 2 undersize kingies within the first 5 mins of being there.

The kingfish went off the bite and the Dolphin fish came around. within an Hour we had 6 in the boat with two of them being legal (85cm and 75cm) including my first dolphin fish on plastic when one of them smashed a 4" nuclear chicken jerk shad. There were plenty of BIG Dollies hanging around the boat but with no livies on board we could not tempt any of them to bite. Also managed to pick up my first cottonmouth Trevally. The little fella took a 4" nuclear chicken jerk shad directly under the FAD. We decided to move on when the leather jackets kept picking off our baits :angry: so we headed to another reef closer to shore.

Only stayed at the reef for an hour but it was long enough for us to catch a tiny nannygai and two legal Teralgin. I'd never seen these before and was stoked when I pulled the first one in as I was convinced it was a jewfish. The old man set me straight though.

Back in the harbour by midday. Fed the pelicans the fish frames at the cleaning tables and home for a sleep. Now trying to convince the old man to take the boat out again on Saturday :P

post-8650-144598605875_thumb.jpg

[attachment]P1010635.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:3]P1010637.JPG[/attachment]

Archived