What's your weirdest capture?

tiotony

Hey all,

Currently stuck offshore, being tormented by watching huge fish in the underwater video and unable to fish! As I write this the ROV's (remotely operated vehicles) are working on the seabed in 120m of water and there are giant red emperor everywhere! Therefore have been daydreaming about fishing a lot and have been thinking back on some weird out-of-place captures I have made. Was wondering if anyone wants to share any of theirs?

# Have caught two legal size coral trout in esturies- one in Cairns inlet around wharf pylons and one in the Embley river in Weipa. Both on livies.

# Caught a spanish mackerel about 6 inches long in Cairns inlet, on a 3" powerbait minnow.

# Regularly catch hairtail on gold bombers in Cairns inlet, at night time under lights in winter. They are not scary like pike eels even though they have bigger teeth :cheer:

Anyone have any weird ones?

I remember once when i was young fishing at redcliffe, I caught a small whiting... probably 20cm and cast it out again just so I could feel the fight again, when i reeled it back in there was a small toadie on the other end, not the whiting I threw out

caught this guy early this year in Tassy on a 3' powerbait lucky it just hooked on the tip of the beak and the jighead fell out as soon as i got the puffy little bugger in.

[attachment=33475]184360_10150107066789730_607484729_6156494_3548345_n.jpg[/attachment]

mmmm good chewin right there..... :whistle:

Archived