TOGA!!!!! I am ready to win........

Boydy

Who thinks there should be a comp for biggest toga and also most toga caught one session

If it is only biggest i think we all know i may win....

Angus speak to the sponser and ask if they will put in a second prize for most toga caught in one session

I am pretty sure the toga I have been catching eat baby ducks fed on steroid infused grain...

good luck out there guys

Look forward to seeing the results come in.

Boydy

hahahaha nothing like a bit of friendly competitive banter to fire up the team.

We are hitting the private dam up next weekend. I am getting 6 pound braid on so as to leave nothing to chance.

Last time we fished there at Christmas we caught 30 toga (between 2 of us in teh double electric yak)in about 2 1/2 hours. I had 2 pound on and got steamed 3 times before upgrading to 4 pound. Still got steamed once more on heavier line.

The togas always have one blistering run then run out of puff and come in pretty easy after that but if you are under gunned or have too light a gear be prepared to get tangled in weed, submerged snags etc.

I seriously think that toga that julia caught was pushing a metre and she got that in on 2 pound braid somehow.

Soft plastics have been the go lately with toga laying below the surface.

Cant wait to see the pictures come in

Has anyone eaten a Toga before?

HEard they are pretty average eating mate. Very jealous of your private dam, if you see a white nissan sedan with P plates stalking you....it isn't me...

I've found spinnerbaits pretty effective when they are lying a bit lower in the water, although it seems you guys are killing it so who neeeds my advice! :lol:

hahahaha nothing like a bit of friendly competitive banter to fire up the team.

We are hitting the private dam up next weekend. I am getting 6 pound braid on so as to leave nothing to chance.

Last time we fished there at Christmas we caught 30 toga (between 2 of us in teh double electric yak)in about 2 1/2 hours. I had 2 pound on and got steamed 3 times before upgrading to 4 pound. Still got steamed once more on heavier line.

The togas always have one blistering run then run out of puff and come in pretty easy after that but if you are under gunned or have too light a gear be prepared to get tangled in weed, submerged snags etc.

I seriously think that toga that julia caught was pushing a metre and she got that in on 2 pound braid somehow.

Soft plastics have been the go lately with toga laying below the surface.

Cant wait to see the pictures come in

Has anyone eaten a Toga before?

Game on huh !!!

So this private dam... is that like the Barra farm in Bli Bli, throw a little pellet on the hook and bring em all in one by one hehehehehe

I haven't caught a Toga before but i have been studying the toga swimming in the tank at Anaconda at Everton Park for quite a while now & i reckon i'm good for a metre + Boydy :silly: :side: :lol: :woohoo: :unsure: :dry: or 20cm either or haha

• 2 weeks later...

NICe Toga bro. You douchines is excused considering it is closer to a decade ago. I love how Toga hit. You feel a little tinkering and decide to stall the lure for a second then inhal and they just cruise off until they realise they are hooked and BAM!!!. I usually only fish 4 Pound for Toga but got punished a few times last i was out so this time upped it to 6pound and it did the trick nicely on a little 1000 Twin Power with a Nordic Stage Sharp Shooter.

Had to drive the electric yak with one hand while fighting the beast in the other. Wind was punishing yesterday so was hard to keep positioned in the middle of the dam so as to not get run around a snag and get bricked.

How big was that one you caught back in the dag ohh i mean day:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey mate got a boat? Apart from stalking Boydy for his private dam, Borumba is probably the best known toga dam in SE Qld, I think they get a few in Cania too. Apart from that maybe the creek downstream from the borumba wall. Anywhere else is pretty much a fluke capture unless you're willing to head up north

That'll be $25 ;):P

Archived