Beware outboard motor thefts.

wyatt01

speaking to the bro-inlaw today and ask him how his boat going? He was not a happy camper,he was getting some work done on his boat to stop the chimes from spliting. His reply was that some AO had cut the fence were the boat was parked up and removed the bolts jack the motor up on a trolly and loaded into a waiting ute or light truck. His motor was a 115hp Yammah.The work was down around the Hemmant area. :(:(:(

:pinch: :angry: Makes me so angry when someone works so hard for what they got some DOG-Scum steals your hard earned $$$$$..If i caught some one stealing anything of mine its pain all round ''Broken hands''..So if you see me post-8912-14459861583_thumb.png

:pinch: :angry: Makes me so angry when someone works so hard for what they got some DOG-Scum steals your hard earned $$$$$..If i caught some one stealing anything of mine its pain all round ''Broken hands''..So if you see me [attachment=33922]untitled_2011-05-08-2.png[/attachment]

That why i keep everything locked away so my gear and boat is safe :dry: ;):)

A mate of mine in wynnum had his old haines stolen, it's not the prettiest boat but he put in a lot of money and effort making it very practical. The theives were obviously only after the motor and electronics. It was taken from a very quiet street and everyone was home, nobody heard or saw a thing. He knows he will never get it back alive, thankfully he had insurance.

So yes, if you have something and you can't lock it up in a shed, make sure you lock it down somehow to make the job to hard for these pro gangs.

Obviously it is a bit hard when the boat is at the workshop. Hopefully your mate gets a new donk out of it at least, the inconvenience would be a real pain in the butt.

He had no insurance, he couldnt afford it at the time, even though i told him that he should of insured the boat from the day he first picked up the boat!The yard which the boat was being repaired in,i dont think they are coming to the party of outboard for him.So now he was talking about a 110hp Mercury.I forgot to ask him if they had video sercurity at the place were the boat was getting repaired at.I would hate to get that phone call and say sorry sir but your outboard was stolen by some low life scum bucket AO!

Archived