Fishing clubs

Ricko69

Hi All,

Have just been to my local fishing club meeting for the first time and found it to be very game fish orientated, Same as the last fishing club i was in. do you need a $ 100k boat and chase marlin 30 km off shore(not that there is anything wrong with that) to be a member of a club or does anyone know of a club in the bay area that is a bit more social and user freindly to the smaller bay boater??? :(

Hi Rick,

I also found that out as well..

Just the Demographic of the Big Game Fishing Club that most Fishing clubs hold to..

Surely there is someone here that can point you in the right direction even just for a day trip out and don't want to spend big bucks to get onto a Charter Boat.

Anyone with Local Saltwater knowledge to point you towards getting out to Moreton Bay.. ;)

Personally I fish where I can get a bit of Bank and some fish with a bit of fight and bite.

Freshwater or Salt it doesn't matter and in these current tight times something a bit close within 1/2 hour car trip. :blush:

i'm in pba, and it is quite a good friendly club, until boats hit the water , then it's game on, i dont care what any 1 says :lol: worth a look i reckon, mainly offshore guys, but some are up for anything.

rob.

oh thats power boat anglers. an add in bush n beach all the time. these guys are always takin out deckies, just need to be financial, and your away, but you wont get left behind like as in other clubs, if ya dont know any 1. they are great that way, make new guys with or without boats feel welcome, just do not eat all the pizza at the monthly meetings. that my job !

If anyone know the organisers of these groups please ask them to add their group to the Groups section of AFO. This would prove quite rewarding for them I believe. You will see there are already about half a dozen SE QLD based fishing clubs added to the groups.

In addition to that if anyone has the drive or motivation they a free to make a geographically specific fishing "Group" through this medium if they so wish.

All being said here (as bias as it may be) I have to agree with Malcolm. This website is the "club" for me. It provides the ability to share endless information, organise informal socials and compete in formalised events both tangible and online. In addition to this I can get a daily fishing fix instead of a monthly one!

Angus

I think if you are new to fishing or like the camaraderie of a bunch of blokes and sheilas talking crap, fishing clubs are great. Just pick the one that suits your style.

Not saying that forums don't have their place, but as a Dad with three kids I look forward to my monthly meetings :)

Norm

I think if you are new to fishing or like the camaraderie of a bunch of blokes and sheilas talking crap, fishing clubs are great. Just pick the one that suits your style.

Not saying that forums don't have their place, but as a Dad with three kids I look forward to my monthly meetings :)

Norm

Nog feel free to create a "group" in the community section of this site for the Brisbane Fly Fishing Club. A lot of traffic peruses the directory and community sections of this website that does not enter the forum. It would possible be useful to promote the club (if this is desired) and get messages to members regarding meets etc.

At the end of the day its a free service as well so what have you got to loose :)

Angus

Archived