Goldy tailor report *edited =]

51MPL

I'll try to keep it short, been up for a VERY long time and i need to sleep asap so i can wakeup and goto work tonight.

post-5277-144598618834_thumb.jpg

post-5277-14459861884_thumb.jpg

post-5277-144598618844_thumb.jpg

post-5277-144598618849_thumb.jpg

post-5277-144598618853_thumb.jpg

post-5277-144598618857_thumb.jpg

post-5277-144598618862_thumb.jpg

post-5277-144598618867_thumb.jpg

Left at a stupid time when i should be asleep/studying..

Took a bunch of sticks w/ weird writing on them to the south-coast

Threw hard plastic and soft plastic at fishies

Acquire breakfast/lunch/dinner for the next few days

Get home and still not sleepy but should really try to zzzz..

Wow this report sucks hahaha, i'll edit later and sorry for the pics they're all from my phone.

======= EXTENDED VERSION ======

Ok left brissy 3.30 to head down to gc for the pre-dawn/dawn surface bite!

Was pretty quiet up until the sun poked its head over the horizon and it was on like donkey kong.. Snagged a few times and no less than 5 unpleasant trips into the water the rover was saved time and again haha!

Myself, a mate and Chafule were varying techniques until the tailor came onto the surface and sheesh what a show. I had the trusty 75 Rover walking around, mate was throwing a sammy and chafule using a cup-faced popper.

3LB fc straight through on the steez + big angry tailor did not end very well.. twitch twitch smash zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz damn steeze sounded sexy, then the thump thump headshakes started and on the 2nd blistering run zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ping :( Another sammy donated..

I was up next with the first for the day, soon as the lure landed BOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz soooo fun; 4lb mainline and this time 6lb FC - yeah im a pussy :P

Also i had the Gamakatsu snap-lock thingy's on to try and they withheld the test easilyy.. Anyway, heaps of line tearing runs and a an aeronautical show later the first tailor is landed going 50cm to the tip.

Oh i forget, the main reason for the trip being my mate's delivery of 2 brand spanking Duffrods; 1-4kg and 1-5kg; i was loaned the 1-4 and it had no problems whatsoever!

Anyhooo - we kept peppering the tailor with the 3lb steeze and my mates 1-3kg lox & certate finesse 4lb basshard/4lb fc combo's getting busted off too easily I was the only one landing any fish :P

A wayward cast saw the lure fly at a 45 degree angle across both lines and guess waht happens.. lure landed and booom im on. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong and somehow; after untangling both lines off my reel and dealing with a combined wind/braid-ball knot onto my line i get the fish up - only a smaller one around low 40s but no complaints.

The surface bite continued for a couple hours with only myself being able to land the tailor unfortunately; ended up on 5 ranging from low40s to low 50s but bot they go hard! Also ran into a lot of baby tailor; some small and better sized flatties and some bream. Best one going 30fork

All-in all a very enjoyable trip and cant wait to get back out there again. Cheers!

pm right back atcha denny, all borrowed gear unfortunately. Just testing out the new custom duffrods, they are sawweeeeeeettt

And yeah doobs that would be me, was that you + ur mrs walking around? Should have come said hi buddy.. Damn i shuda worn the afo shirt :P

no party just chillin :) Shoot me a pm next time your heading out we'll hook something up.

the 30 fork bream was buried in the side of the net the first time u walked past, i had to swim out; grab the fish; grab the net; try to dehook both at the same time whilst not getting a treble in the finger or a spike through the leg - very fun!

Did you guys catch anything?

no party just chillin :) Shoot me a pm next time your heading out we'll hook something up.

the 30 fork bream was buried in the side of the net the first time u walked past, i had to swim out; grab the fish; grab the net; try to dehook both at the same time whilst not getting a treble in the finger or a spike through the leg - very fun!

Did you guys catch anything?

Haha! Nice refreshing dip to start the day! Saw that whilst you were in the drink, one of your mates landed a flattie!

I'll put up a li'l post of one of my captures.

I was very close to putting up a "Going Fishing" post but we were just down for the turn of the tide for an hour or so and meeting the outlaws for brekky at Montemarte.. :)

I'll def make sure I do next time. Fun spot!

Archived