austackle warranty claim

noname

well by the sounds of it you dont know how to set your drag and it must be fisherman abuse lol :silly: :silly: i hear thats what mick was told by orca about a rod that snapped on him :lol::lol: jj but interested to hear what the reply is for a warranty ;)

where did micks break mine has gone 3 inches before the first guide, and yeah sure will be, and hardly any drag on the thing, i was like wtf just happened then i saw it, and went like huh ! arent these rods of similar pedagree to the 1 he was swingin off the other saturday morning ? well it wasnt anything like that!

just had a look at line rating and it's 4 to 7 kilo, and the drag was nowhere near that.looking down the broken off section it appears to be thinner 180 degree's from the thicker part, meaning the construction of the rod wall is inconsistant.

You been throwing your gear around the boat in anger again Rob ? :P ...or did a crab get it :lol:
that was the egrell and stella, i know they are built like the out house, this was 2nd cast for gods sake throwin plastics around. if i dont get warranty you'll see me throwin stuff around again but ! :whistle:

I can't personally about Austackle, but I've tried to claim waranty on rods from a few other high profile Co's and have had limited success. One in perticular, I had a top section snap on a cast obviously a fracture in the blank but I was told it was my fault blah blah blah.

Sorry don't mean to be a thread hi-jack...

this is where this 1 broke. there was somethin chasin bait fish around so i wasnt gunna stop tryin but not the most accurate os casts me thinks. lol bloody patty had his timing all stuffed up, i tried with the now 2 piece but to no evail in castin the damn thing. hahahahaha

post-3551-144598619787_thumb.jpg

post-3551-144598619796_thumb.jpg

well by the sounds of it you dont know how to set your drag and it must be fisherman abuse lol :silly: :silly: i hear thats what mick was told by orca about a rod that snapped on him :lol::lol: jj but interested to hear what the reply is for a warranty ;)

If you are going to come out with stuff like this at least get your facts correct. It wasnt Micks rod at all that broke..it was a mate of his and it was swapped over under warranty no hassle. It was also a 24kg boat rod not a 4-7kg.

The shape of the break in 99% of the cases will determione if the rod blank has a fault or not. About 1 in 100 rods do have a problem industry wide.

just had a look at line rating and it's 4 to 7 kilo, and the drag was nowhere near that.looking down the broken off section it appears to be thinner 180 degree's from the thicker part, meaning the construction of the rod wall is inconsistant.

Yeah..its called the backbone..every carbon rod has one and is built like that.

so what happens from here, i have to get it down to you, but from memory it was the last 1 of it's kind from memory?

of course you need to get the rod down to us to have a look at it. I will not debate the validity of warranty claims on here. I suggest you just do what everybody else does and let us look at it and if its genuine then it will be replaced.

To make a comment like you did comparing it with Micks rod is totally wrong.

Archived