Buying Quicksilver Oil

Gcarj

creek marine sells the entry level stuff for about $38 for 4L and $48ish (maybe more)for the premium stuff..

personally i would just get the valvolene stuff. its very good motor oil and cheap. and has amonia (spell??) in it like the quicksilver stuff does which cleans your motor as it burns.

you can normally pick that up for about $25 for 4L. i run quicksiler in mine but changes to valvoleve cos'of cost about 6months ago and i honestly think there isnt any difference.

Pretty sure Coorparoo Marine stock it. Cav Rd Coorparoo. Can't think of their number off the top of my head but they are as close as google or www.coorparoomarine.com.au

Have been told by the marine mechanics to avoid valvoline if you can.

might be worth lookin into castrol products even, i know they had the best 2 stroke oil in the country when i was ski racin, probably still produce the gear too, called bio-lube.my engines held together at over 8400 rpm for over 50 hours without any dramas whatsoever

I get mine for about $40 for 4L of the premium stuff from northside marine.

Various mechanics have told me to stay away from shell nautilus and valvoline.

Tohatsu use valvolene as standard oil. It's good stuff. Tohatsu are also are the laregest outboard makers in the world and make a lot of merc engines so if it's good enough for them then I'm happy To use it

Pretty sure Coorparoo Marine stock it. Cav Rd Coorparoo. Can't think of their number off the top of my head but they are as close as google or www.coorparoomarine.com.au

Yeah, Valvoline among some people is said as if it's a dirty word. Personally I wouldn't know.

Yeah, Valvoline among some people is said as if it's a dirty word. Personally I wouldn't know.

Yep lots seem to hate it. But as long as any oil u use is tcw3 you should be ok cos that's engine specs

I know its northside, but try holt marine, normally good pricing and if its not in stock harry will get it in. Maybe just give them a call instead of driving out.

Holt Marine is great for servicing but unfortunately the premium quicksilver oil is a rip off there at around $50 last time I checked.

Archived