Sat morning, first time to peel....tuskie on blade

Howie

Went to Peel for the first time on saturday morning. Launched from Cleveland point around 6.30am (yes its pretty late but the old man wasnt to keen for a real early one)and what a beautiful day it was!! Glassy conditions for pretty much all day!Had a few GPS marks for the artificial reefs and without a decent sounder with a chart plotter i used my iphone (compass has co-ordinates at the bottom) and pretty much failed. Although heading towards the groupings on boats was the next plan.

Fishing wise we didn't do to great. Dirfted over different areason the western sode with a range of SP's while dad soaked the bait. PIcked up a toadie on a blade ><, dad got a variety of small reefies including some fiddler squire but nothing above 25cm, yes they were tiny. We knew the bottom was rocky but didn't really find any reefs.

We continued around to the southern side of Peel out the front of horse shoe bay with a bit more luck.

Got my first tuskie on artificial, 1/8oz TT switchbalde...Which he destroyed! Such a toothy critter and on light line (6lb leader, 4lb stren) fought really well. But he bent the blade, chewed off the rear trebble and stripped a lot of paint off...just as good as losing it to a snag :L but enjpyed the fight all the same. He went 36cm.

Went further round to the ship wreck and had no lukc again, occasionally a bit of surface action, bait or pelagics i think? But no fish caught.

Headed back to the ramp and waited in line....

post-7930-144598630373_thumb.jpg

post-7930-144598630377_thumb.jpg

So reading the other posts about the weekend shows there was fish about just not for us :S Might need some tips for next time?

Shaun

Exactly any day fishing is better then a day at work :)

Very slippery and strong. Needed a firm grip with the towel to remove the broken treble, such strong shoulders. Oh good :) not the biggest I have caught but they have been in 50m of water offshore. Very happy with the capture.

Next target...jumpinpin jewie :P

Shaun

Archived