Hinze in an arvo, and again this morning

Tom B

Just a little arvo sesh with a mate who had never caught a bass before. Decided on Hinze after Ray and Dino's success. With 20 odd shrimp scooped from the tank we hit the eastern ramp by 3 and I was flicking lures while my mate was soaking the shrimp. Well soaking isn't the right word, more like dropping, bloody things wouldn't even hit the bottom before the bass were hitting them. It wasn't long before I too ditched the lures and tried the shrimp. After 30 odd minutes we were a fish per shrimp, with no more shrimp. Biggest was 41 fork. Lures weren't successful at all :huh: But we will be back in the morning for another go

cheers,

Tom

60 litres minimum, no matter how many anglers, but for 2 or more anglers a bigger livewell is recommended, and usually required if 4 bass are to be kept healthy.

If you ever wan't to fish a comp Dan there is usually a spot on my boat if you want.

cheers

60 litres minimum, no matter how many anglers, but for 2 or more anglers a bigger livewell is recommended, and usually required if 4 bass are to be kept healthy.

If you ever wan't to fish a comp Dan there is usually a spot on my boat if you want.

cheers

Yeh mate,defs be keen. Haven't done any bass events, keen on giving one a crack though... if ya ever in need of someone, just let us know. :)

A 6.30 launch and it was deja-vu, my mate couldn't get shrimp to the bottom before having to wind in some nice healthy bass, problem was they were all small with the biggest ones only pushing 32 fork.

By 7.30 all the shrimp had been donated and 30 odd fish landed, now after taking Stu's words to hear :P I was on a mission, casting to the windy side of the points and alternating between spinnerbaits and plastics it turned out to be a cracker session with over 40 fish landed, including my new Hinze pb at 44 fork length, unfortunately all but one was caught by me :whistle: , but it was his first bass on a lure so that was a bonus :woohoo:

cheers

Archived