How long after the High / Low tide is the slack?

Nitris

So I'm wondering how long after the High or Low tide does the slack come near the brizzy river mouth/wharf?

At Caloundra I find that it is usually 2hrs after the High/Low.

Any help will be great, as its been 2 years since I have fished there. Cheers in advance B)

My experience is that the tide is about 1 hour later at the port than the time stated for the Brisbane Bar. Hope this helps. Also depends on how much rain we have had as the run out is stronger and seems to last lnger after rain.

Cheers mate, Would u say its an hour after that again or so till the tide stops running and is slack? I didnt even consider the difference rain would make.

Nitris, I think what I was trying to say was that the water stops running in or out about an hour to an hour and a half after the oficial tide time at the bar.

My experience is that the tide is about 1 hour later at the port than the time stated for the Brisbane Bar. Hope this helps. Also depends on how much rain we have had as the run out is stronger and seems to last lnger after rain.

Cheers mate, Would u say its an hour after that again or so till the tide stops running and is slack? I didnt even consider the difference rain would make.

if your tide times are right the slack is right after the high or low and doesnt last very long only untill the water starts moving again.

sometimes in deep water like the river mouth it may seem to have stopped moving on the surface but still be running down deep

Nitris, I think what I was trying to say was that the water stops running in or out about an hour to an hour and a half after the oficial tide time at the bar.

sorry mate.. i thought u were telling me the difference between the high at the mouth and on the wharf was one hours difference. Cheers again Travis

if your tide times are right the slack is right after the high or low and doesnt last very long only untill the water starts moving again.

sometimes in deep water like the river mouth it may seem to have stopped moving on the surface but still be running down deep

Cheers Jeff this is really interesting and great to know.

Archived