Moogerah Dam, by Yak

Ash

Hey,

Has anyone fished Moogerah Dam? Is it better to yak or shore walk it?

I havent been there before, but passed it on the back from Stanthorpe. Didnt realise how close it was to where i live so thinking of giving it a go.

Also, is the bass close season for rivers going in or out of dams, or for both in and out?

yak.....

be aware their is alot of weed it the dam. when you get the timber use as light a wieght as possible. i have fish the area by jet ski and it is very hit and miss. last time was australia day, insane i know which lead to nill fish.

try and go during the week as it is a small dam. i will post a map of where i have got fish before

the gorge is a good spot, but I hate the number of ski boats around there on any weekend and prefer Maroon Dam up the road from there. The bass are more aggressive and you can always find a spot away from the skiers, especially up the back

the gorge is a good spot, but I hate the number of ski boats around there on any weekend and prefer Maroon Dam up the road from there. The bass are more aggressive and you can always find a spot away from the skiers, especially up the back

im hoping to hit it up mid week so hopefully have no ski lice!

Ash yak for sure . Madmullet since the floods when the dam filled there is next to no weed anywere in the dam . A few months back the gorge and all that side of the dam was slow as lucky to get anything over there . Timber was awesome in march with all this cold weather it has slowed a lot . You will def have to look deep for schools . good luck mate .

Archived