Snapper Lead

jag078

Myself an a mate have started making sinkers for ourselves and hoping to sell a few on the side cheap. :)

I have 12oz - $1.50 each sold in packs of 10. 8oz - $1.20 each sold in packs of 10 and 4oz - $0.70 each sold in packs of 10. Prices should be cheaper than anyone else.

If your interested I live in McDowall/West Chermside phone 0418490753 (Brett)

Or Owen lives in Narangba phone 0467089466

post-8755-144598640996_thumb.jpg

Cheers for ya first post . Nothing like a bit of free enterprise, under the table, no overheads,no tax, back yard, get a bargain business.

It sure beats supporting a locally owned Tackle store that pays tax, employs staff, services the local fishing community and donates to locally organized fishing comps and fishing sites etc.

May I suggest you quality test all your lead if your recycling previously used lead ,as any moisture or impurities in recycled lead always has the potential risk of explosion, possibily with life changing consequences. ;)

cheers

Cheers for ya first post . Nothing like a bit of free enterprise, under the table, no overheads,no tax, back yard, get a bargain business.

It sure beats supporting a locally owned Tackle store that pays tax, employs staff, services the local fishing community and donates to locally organized fishing comps and fishing sites etc.

May I suggest you quality test all your lead if your recycling previously used lead ,as any moisture or impurities in recycled lead always has the potential risk of explosion, possibily with life changing consequences. ;)

cheers

snap :blink::blink:

Thanks for your thoughts Gad, Not out to give locally owned tackle stores a run for their money, I spend my fair share being a keen fisho myself. Just thought people might be sick of paying big $ with hundreds of % mark up for large sinkers and nobody will be forced into a sale.

I'm guessing you have never brought anything on ebay ?

Brett.

Thanks for your thoughts Gad, Not out to give locally owned tackle stores a run for their money, I spend my fair share being a keen fisho myself. Just thought people might be sick of paying big $ with hundreds of % mark up for large sinkers and nobody will be forced into a sale.

Brett.

only if their isnt any other way of getting it.....

can you please go to new topic and click on introduce yourself....

eg hi i am kurt aka madmullet i like......... and......... ect

cheers mate.

and yes they are good prices.....

Brett.

your guessing 100% correct.I have never bOught anything on Ebay :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure Bfo has a policy or issue with DIY sinker manufacture and sale on the website. I have my own jighead and bAll sinker moulds but are for my own use only,mass production of lead melted sinkers is not healthy.

But good luck with the sale.

To introduce yourself first would have been a far better way to be part of the Bfo team.

Bri.

I can relate to lead exploding because of moisture, I had it blow up my left ARM n face. Not to mention breathing in the fumes is no good for u either. Then you have neighbours complain about the smell and the council come round and threaten you with a huge fine for environmental poisoning..

The money was ok, but my health and partners health is more important than and cash in the hand jobs.

Good luck n watch for any moisture, its not worth the misery of 3rd degree burns.

What is the go with this website ? Is it just here to bad mouth people or a friendly chat ? I have come here hearing great things about AFO but have only been bad mouthed from the start. Maybe it was the wrong post to put up first but should not matter.(a private message would have done)

I have gone to the introduced myself forum under " G' Day " once pointed out to me. As for the rule about selling sinkers on AFO i was not aware and will stop straight away if that is the case. We only buy clean solid lead and place it into an industrial oven for awhile before melting it, also wear respirators the whole time and all work is done in a shed in an industrial area as so we don't get in the bad books with our neighbours.

What is the go with this website ? Is it just here to bad mouth people or a friendly chat ? I have come here hearing great things about AFO but have only been bad mouthed from the start. Maybe it was the wrong post to put up first but should not matter.(a private message would have done)....quote]

friendly chats and exchange of ideas and info is what it`s about..

speaking for myself,I noticed you have "appeared' on a couple of sites to flog your sinkers.

I notice from you profile you registered in Dec10;

considering that this site has a number of tackle outlets as sponsors,I personally think an enquiry( to ask to flog your backyard offerings) to the sites Admin might have shown a little curtesy,instead of just appearing and wanting to line your wallet,without thought of curtesy or some friendly input.

cheers

Archived