Mako Sharks at Gold Coast

ellicat

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/OddSpot/2011/07/13/Mako_sharks_encircle_Gold_Coast_boat_637238.html

Amazing pictures have emerged of two mako sharks swimming around a boat off the Gold Coast.

The sharks are common in the area at this time of year, following the cooler currents.

They can grow up to three to four metres in length and weigh up to a quarter of a tonne.

Go to the above link for the video footage.

When I was a little younger we were in the local tackle shop talking to the owner as you do fishing,when in walked this guy that looked like he had just seen a ghost and then gave dean a gob full for telling him to go fish the continental shelf as the tuna had been running but all this guy got was mako sharks jumping all around the boat when 1 thought it would get a closer look at this guys boat,Boat being about a 18/19ft shark cat this thing jumped over the deck of the cat hence him being as white as a ghost.I think it was the last time he took deans advice

I would catch these babes on my 2/4kg T-Curve @ 2000 size Sol :dry:

It might take me a few mins of playing them so i dont break my 4kg braid : :woohoo:

Cheers

Darren

Archived