Spooling my new Shimano 4500 Baitrunner

hi guys im looking for some good advice from someone who knows wat im after!!!

I'm pretty buzzing ive just forked out and got myself a nice new shimano medium sized baitrunner for fishing the inshore reefs around Mudd island and th elike and would like some advice on what to spool it up with!!

The lads i usually fish with have been getting into some nice snapps recently the biggest going 89cm last week..

Im looking to put braid on it as i fish with braid on all of my lighter spin outfits but have never really looked ino the heavier braids.

Looking about 10 or so kg, so if anyone has any reccomendations pleeeeeeease just drop a reply!

cheers

callum

I have taken to useing the home brand braid from Rays Outdoors, outdoor experdition is the branding. It is about 30 bucks for 300 m when on sale, I find it nice and soft and flexible I have not had it fail even when the drag is fully locked while hooked to 25kg of rampaging wahoo.

Got yr self a great reel, have had mine for nearly 20 yrs, must have been when they were first released, never had a problem with it. Am thinking of running Braid on mine for the first time also, was think 20lb but now thinking 30lb considering the response, ge wiz though $80+ :blink:

Archived