Cherry popped but no lovin..

ONTHECHEW

Yesterday was the first time I have put up a deckie spot on AFO and Funfisher was first in, so this would be my first ever trip that I have taken someone out that I had never met before. So met up with Funfisher and Plasticfantastic for a 4am kick off and hopes where high as had really good results last week and this week the weather was far better.

Got to the tweed river bar on day break and pleased to see it was much better than last week. But this was as good as it gets, weather was pretty good all day, but very little fish. Heaps of really good bait and fish shows on the sounder but not to much interested. Ended up with a few mack tuna and a bonnie, plus one bust off to a possable king fish. Very dissappointing after last weeks success and to be taking someone new out on the boat and have such an epic fail.

Saw heaps of whales out, but this was not a whale watching trip. Hopefully next time, not sure of the shut down, but we have never had to much luck during the day of a full moon and also there was very little current. :S

It was good to meet a AFO member with similar interests and has now taken the unknown element of taking out someone you don't know, will now offer them up more often. Great weather - Shit fishing.

Andrew

Funfisher's Mack tuna

post-7753-144598662566_thumb.jpg

Tristan,

I was pretty bummed about not getting you onto any fish, but there will always be next time. Jigging season fires up soon.

Angus and Jordan, would have no problems with you guys coming out for a run, usually can only give a couple of days notice due to work.

Andrew

Bad luck on the fishing side of things, at least there were some consolation prizes.

Do you pop during the winter season or is that more of a summer thing for the big GT's?

If you are ever short of a deckie on a weekend as unlikely as that is, I am also able and willing!

Archived