Hulks day out on Buckat List

buckat list

post-7727-144598663755_thumb.jpg

Hulk organised a trip on Buckat List to Caloundra Wide on Monday, we left Scarborough harbour at 0500 and headed to caloundra Wide, it was a good day with light winds and small swell.

we fished out wide till 11 am then went to Hutchies and anchored up and fish there and Flinders till 4 pm and arrived back at scarborough at dark.

It was a hard day at the office but ended up with a nice Snapper at about 65 cm , a handfull of other fish.

Once again we lost 4 or 5 good fish, guys bring there own gear which is good but they only run 20 lb line and are undergunned for what I put them onto, one of the boys had 2 sessions for 20 and 30 minutes fighting 2 fish at Hutchies and in the end got busted off as he only had 20 lb line, even the jump up to 40 lb makes a huge difference , you can get line at 40 lb these days that is as small as old 20 lb,last week i put the group onto a 5 foot shark that probably weighed at lest 80 or 90 lb which he got to the boat on one of my rods with decent line on.

I think for offshore you need to upgrade your line weight,It would make me look better and give them some much better photos for the day out.

Thanks Hulk for organising the day out and hopefulling we will see you and the boys again.

Warwick , Buckat List. 0428368316

Thanks for the great day Warwick. Although it sadly only ended up being a whale watching trip for me.Another destination another donut but still a good day out. we went out for a fella from works birthday. A few of the boys were greenhorns on trips outside(hence being undergunned).My only regret is not bringing my other fishing rod that I was considering bringing which was more suited to yesterdays fishing. We couldn't have asked for better conditions considering the forecast earlier in the week.

The boys enjoyed themselves heaps. We got an array of fish with Hussar, Fingermark(this was a stonker and its head reminded us all of a mangrove jack), snapper, sea bream, about 5 or so Pearl perch, spanglie and a good parrotfish. We got really good hits drifting Hutchies late in the day. We saw plenty of fish getting busted up and swooped on at the same time on the way back.

I felt sorry for Kiti the birthday boy because everytime he got a hit when anchored up he pulled up a little chinaman cod much to the delight to te rest of us.

I would certainly recommend anyone who wants to go on a charter to use Warwick's. Good fishing and good company.Couldn't ask for much more for a good day out.

Regards

Adam(Hulk)

Archived