aussie fishing tackle store

atruestory

Dont you think the postage charges are High...$9:00 for any item normal post :dry: :(

$9 is actually not that bad. We charge over $15 for our stuff. If you consider the amount of time it takes someone to fill an order, cost of packing its not that bad. If someone says free freight it just means its incorporated into the price of every item. Atleast you know how much they are charging I suppose.

PS I still jump at getting free freight lol :blush:

I ordered about 5 blades 5 packets of platics an some braid ! I only found them yeterday so i havent recieved anythin yet! one of the guys at the boat ramp had an scumline tackle sticker on his boat thats how i found them

Cheers

cheers for that one mate, ill check it out.. can you please just let us know if everything arrives and is in good condition, then i might think about getting some stuff :)

I always get a laugh out of reading their terms and conditions especially for returns and refunds etc.

They can print all the conditions they like on there, but it in no way absolves their committiment to the legislative conditions placed on all goods bought and sold.

Take for example you order a hard body lure with rattle beads in it. In your excitement to try it out you open the pack and discard it (you no longer have the packaging). You cast the lure out and work it a couple of times bumping along the sandy bottom causing a couple of marks (lure is no longer in original condition). Next cast the lure just falls apart in half and loses its balls, so to speak. You invesitgate and see there was a problem with little glue holding the 2 halves together.

According to Scumlines conditions - You dont have the packaging, the lure is no longer new, and even if you got a replacement or something the postage there and back would be at your cost.

According to Dept of Fair Trading - The lure has not performed as what a reasonable person would expect it to, and falling apart would make it not of merchantable quality. You are entitled to a repair, replacement, or refund on the product even though you dont have the original packaging, and had used it (I mean how are you suppose to test it if not used for a period of time) AND you are able to recoup the full cost of the purchase including postage if you decide you would just like a refund.

Its case law, I have used it, it has been won many times with me steering people in the right direction.

Archived