Mackay and Bowen

dragons7

Hi guys Have taken 2weeks of to do a much needed trip up north. just a quick post heading up to Mackay with nads07 to chase some Spanish and spotys only 100 kms to go then where in Mackay day 1 doing a quick reef sesh out of Mackay chasing red emperor coral trout on plastics and transams will also do a quick troll around for Spanish or tuna. Day2 day3 day4 day5 spending at Bowen haven't been up here for 2 years since I tagged along with tugger chasing everything up here really keen on getting some big mackeral that dusted me up so many times with tugger. Day 6 and day7 heading back going to hitting up all the barra dams on way back then catching with a mate of mine Scotto that lives in Harvey bay gonna chase some big reds and some huge longtaiks will do a few updates on this can't wait since I started writing this 50 kms down only 50 kms more to go speak soon. Cheers shane

Day 1 almost over crap weather all day but an hour this morning and a hour around lunch its been blowing anywhere from 20 to 39 kms all day fishing has been good boater 4 nice spottys and a doggy and lost 2 Spanish one on a metal and the other on floating pilly just wish this wind would die so we could get stuck into them

Yeah mate the weather killed us today spent the hole day in harbour we did all right landed loads of gt and diamond trevally also nathan got a 4kg fingermark or golden snapper Pauline got another fingermark around 50cm and we also got a heap of estuary cod bream flathead barracuda and long tom all fish caught on jackall transam in 3-5m water will post pics when get back on computer

licking my lips can't wait

What an awesome day today was we bagged out on mackeral ended up with 15 Spottys and 1 big spotty and lost count of how many school mackeral we caught and released and Nathan aka got a nice little amberjack that we put back as well tugger yOu will have a ball when you get up

Hey guys after such an awesome day yesterday the wind blew up around 9 pm last and has not stoped blowing since with winds up to 45 km today so spent the hoke up the harbour and creeks chasing jacks and trevally boated about 25 gt uP to 3kg and and loads of bream and flathead no luck with jacks went home had some lunch then spent the arvo out the sarvo smacking up some cracka bream and trevs this big eye trevally all in all not a bad day in 40 to 50km winds of to Harvey bay Tomoz catch with scotto and smash cracka fish

What a great way to end a massive week of fishing called a mate of mine Scott Mitchell up in Hervey bay to see what's biting he says get you ass here as quick as you can so 11 hours later after dont know how road works and v drinks we were there he was waiting for in his Haines hunter 485 side console must sexiest boat I've ever seen got out 2 our first spot and 10 mins later I was on to a nice snapper on a transam some food head shakes up into the net a nice 4.5kg snapper great way to end the trip after a few more nice snapper landed back on road to brissy

Archived