Noosa Bar

blairv

Hi Blair,

the bar should be very manageable the next week whilst the winds are down and off shore. The channel heads out to the north. Do a searce for surf cams and put in noosa river bar or search noosa fishing and look at Davos site for a current aerial picture.

Where are you heading to? North, Chardons and Double island point are fishing well at the moment. Sunshine reef has been patchy

Hey Carter

I am only in a 4.5 metre with a 30 on the back so will be staying in fairly close - looking at picturs of th bar the channel swings north - is this what you are saying?

How is the river fishing up there? We have a week in a house on the canals with it's own jetty so it will be great to just jump in the boat and go!!

I have marked teh route (I think) on the enclosed photo - is this right?

post-6340-144598678712_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Blair

try to avoid low tide at this bar. in the past when i have come back in at low tide after an overdue stay outside, the prop has churned quite alot of sand. most of the time the bar is very good her due to the headland. i have been over this bar afew times now and only once have i needed to do it at a slow pase. try avoiding it on a northerly or or anything with a north wind in it over 15knts.

and on anothr note, be aware of your 6knt zones in the river cause the police hound it with radar.

p.s how is the trailer going

Blairv, I would take the course around the Bay not where you have the curve, its deeper and used more frequent it gets vey shallow on the route you have drawn. keep close to the shore on the woods area and the rock wall. As Tugger and madmullet have said pick the times its shallow on a low tide and most are next week.

Hey Carter

I am only in a 4.5 metre with a 30 on the back so will be staying in fairly close - looking at picturs of th bar the channel swings north - is this what you are saying?

How is the river fishing up there? We have a week in a house on the canals with it's own jetty so it will be great to just jump in the boat and go!!

I have marked teh route (I think) on the enclosed photo - is this right?

[attachment=39814]NoosaBarRoute.JPG[/attachment]

Thanks

Blair

The route you have picked should be fine for your tinnie, i'd be very suprised if you came unstuck. Just make sure your first trip is not in the dark :pinch:

I was at the mouth on Saturday morn till low tide and the channel is quite deep at the moment.

I was working up on Noosa Heads this morning and the swell is small, the bar is flat. I'd go out with a 10ft punt at the moment.

If you want to catch up for a fish or a chat PM me, I'll give you a run down on the river.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Carter

Made it out ok and fished the Jew Shoal which was flat and very busy as well. Ended up with some Cod and Snaps. Lost an anchor though :angry:

Best result was a fish around the deep bends in the Ski area near the vehicle ferry. Ended up with three Jew on live Herring - biggest when 74cms the other two were in 60s so went back for a swim.

Also got a nice 37cm Bream on the same trip at night.

Looking forward to hitting the Noosa River and surrounds again - I will give you a yell when I come up

Blair

Yeah there are great jew there and further up from the ski run is a deep hole on the corner that is a great jew spot too. The bar is a piece of cack with no swell, and a very brutal crossing when its big. Ive crossed it lots of times with no probs up to about 4 foot of swell after that its beyond my abilities :-)

Archived