Pine River and Northern Bay plastic session

Bluevien

I have not had a good run with the SPs lately so as a back up I bring along some bait which always gets used so I planned this session as placcies only, no stinky baits allowed.

It was a late start from Deepwater Bend this morning as I wanted to fish the last half of the outgoing. The conditions were so good that I went out into the bay for a quick try around the reefs off Margate.

I was throwing around a new plastic for me - a 4inch armor shad in a sparkly green. I don't know the name of the colour or the type it was as my M.I.L. gave my son and I a couple she picked up as giveaways from a tackle shop up north. I liked the way it swam but I liked it even more after getting this with it.

7oct2011001.jpg

I haven't caught many bream with lures so I was stoked.

I tried out there for about an hour without another touch. One thing which wasn't hard to notice was all of the jelly fish out there .

7oct2011003.jpg

7oct2011004.jpg

I don't know if they would affect the fishing but they where everywhere.

I headed back to the Pine and fished around the Hornibrook for another hour and picked up these nice flatties and dropped another 3 which I reckon where about the same size.

7oct2011009.jpg

I also boated 3 unders so there was plenty of action which made it fun.

So my confidence in the plastics has been restored for now. It was a nice morning on the water with a nice feed as a result.

Cheers and enjoy the weekend.

Rob

Archived