a win for the little guy

Eug

a bit of a rant here as friends and family have had a bit of a shocking year hitting a few rough patches with the floods, fire, thefts, etc. as keen as i was to have 2011 over and done with it looks like the tables may have turned.

we had property severely vandalised this week and for some strange reason the vandal decided to come back for a second helping. we were ready this time and i was threatened with violence and spat at when i was spotted with the camera and long range lens. it pains me as i would have liked to get down and dirty with the culprit, but it probably would have been twisted around and i would have been the one getting done for assault. the police now have over 100 photos of the offender in the act with clear face shots, let's hope they throw the book at them. i am not holding my breath though and they'll probably get a slap on the wrist.

it's a shame we have to protect what's rightfully ours. you try to be a nice person in life, respect others only to run into the minority who think they can mess with your stuff. unfortunately nice guys finish last and this now means days off work running around getting quotes, going through insurance, paying excess then fighting for the refund, inconvenience, etc.

let's hope the justice system works.

Not sure about pics as it would be evidence at this stage. However may share them when we can get a positive outcome.

Was a good feeling to get the guy and would have been even better to break a few bones. will see how the justice system goes.

Nothing like giving someone deserving a good hiding while waiting for the boys in blue to arrive. From experience rough justice is the only punishment they remember. The suspended sentence is quickly forgotten, but the pain from soft tissue damage is a reminder of their scumminess for months

Archived