So who's drivin ya home if you dont come fishin?

taib

Thats what Richard asked me last night as he was the driver. :evil:

So the story goes... Had a really stressful day with my accountant yesterday which also gave me a headache.

Richard arrived from Roma at about 4pm and wanted to round up a few mates for dinner which also included Bui87h (Hai).

So we headed off to Milton Coffee Club for their Half price dinners. It was then that fishing was sort of bought up. I said to the boys that i wasnt up for it and was buggered and wanted to go home. Richard decided to be smart and said i could walk home if i didnt come for a fish with him and Hai (mates always have rigs ready in their cars).

Anyway After being forced to fish with my arm twisted, we decided to head off to a local haunt at 9.30pm that we have NOT been doing too well at.

Got to the bridge, while the boys where sitting there chit chatting to eachother like little girls, I was the only one doing any work!!! Yep gathering live bait for them :evil:

So they get their lines in while im still gathering live bait... 30 mins goes by with not a touch on their rods, i said to the boys, lets just move across to another ledge which was about 50 metres away.

This turned out to be a good move!! So we had our lines in. After 10 mins, i felt a tug on my line and then the spool starts running! IM ON! i yelled out. Funny to see Hai and Richard watching with anticipation.

After a fun short fight on my Daiwa Spellbinder, i landed my FIRST EVER Jew!!!!! Which has been the species i have been wanting to land for the last 3 years!!

I was stoked and the boys couldnt beleive it! Well it turned out that the boys who forced me to fish donuted :lol::P and i came out the winner!

Few pics then the beautiful girl was released successfully at the ramp.

Finished up at 12midnight and headed off home.

post-4323-144598694611_thumb.jpg

post-4323-144598694618_thumb.jpg

what do you use in the bait trap for prawns?

Hi mate, where there is alot of rocks and snags, i usually use a bait trap (the small foldable brownish red ones for $13), just with bread.

Where there is no snags, i use a 7ft castnet. Cast net is quicker and more effective.

Archived