need help catching a bass

Shimanobwoie

Hey just wanting some tips for chasing bass. If the wind keeps up this weekend I would like to try my hand at catching something from freshwater. I was thinking about fishing youngs crossing as its not to far and have seen lots of reports from there.

Which is the most productive way of catching a bass? bait or lures

If lures what colours/size?

How heavy/light should the leader be and the mainline?

Ray seems to be the champ at bass fishing. every time i go with him he always seem to catch the most. i copy his methods but i think they like him in general... hahaha i notice the best time for bass is early morning. as the sun rises. live prawns seems to get smashed non stop. they seem to like hanging around shelter. bait should always be off the bottom and wide gap hooks is a must... well thats how i get best results. hope that helps. I am sure Ray (rayke1938) will give you more pointers of even give you a session as he did with me... just dont be disappointed if he catches more then you;)

Too many tips to tell you but am for back eddy's in the shade, these fish are ambush predetors. Bloody early mornings at first light into mid morning then things get a lot harder but you can still get fish if you fish deep and are prepared to loose a few lures.

I know your not on a yak but I tried something a bit different on Sunday, the I cast up parralel to the bank and hopped a spinner bait back with the tide over heavy structure, this was at mid day and I let the lure sink deep...it got smashed three times in a row. Just like fishing for flatties with the tide and slow lifts it really worked well.

Cheers

Batty

Archived