Bulldog Reels

Well we have been testing these Bulldog Reels the BD12 & BD16 for some time now and have come to the conclusion that there one of the best reels coming on to todays market thru Screaming Reels fishing tackle online store.

We tested this reel ourselves along with a couple of pros in South Oz and down in Victoria for the last 9 plus weeks with an excellent rating.

We back these Bull Dog reels 1000% and stick to our Moto if it aint any good we won't sell it.

For your info these are the specs and you will find all prices on our online store

Screaming Reels

•Features:

1. Machine cut, 6061 cold forged aluminum alloy body and spool

2. Precision-machined stainless steel gear

3. 6 Shielded stainless steel ball bearings

4. Anodize oxidation surface,Acid-proof and alkali-proof

5. Very Comfortable, well designed handle

6. Smooth and durable drag performance

7. Ultra-fast retrieve(6.0:1)

MODEL G/RATIO BB LINE CAP LBS / YDS MAX DRAG WEIGHT SPOOL DIA SPOOL WIDTH

BD12 6.0:1 6 12LBS@900YDS 15KG 960G 75.1MM 41MM

20LBS@800YDS

22LBS@685YDS

BD16 6.0:1 6 16LBS@1000YDS 16KG 1010G 75.1MM 56MM

22LBS@1050YDS

25LBS@ 870YDS

post-7746-144598707058_thumb.jpg

post-7746-144598707064_thumb.jpg

post-7746-144598707068_thumb.jpg

post-7746-144598707074_thumb.jpg

As we said we back our Bulldog reels 1000%

No dhess We don't Refund all your money if it doesn't live up to your standards.

like every other fishing tackle outlet or online store that back there gear

If it fails you and has been used correctly its covered under warranty.

Like your Shimano reels and rods that have served you well.

The phrase 1000% is just the same as 100% we like to be different thats all.

Cheers & Tight Lines

i own 12 shamano reels ranging from the tld20's up to ur 80w triton.

i run braid on most of my reels and you can come across some problems in doing so espicall if you have had alot of line out. eg braid hold salt and evan tho you wash your reels, will your spools can corode or pit. i usually strip of 100m of line when i am washing them down but cause braid is poris, you down get 100% of the salt off. will your spools withstand this.

can you please tell be the benifits over a tld please

Mod Note to:

Screaming Reels

Please do not use all capitals in thread titles.

Other Users

Screaming Reels is entitled under the terms of use and also precedent to make these threads.

If you have a problem with that you should refer to Angus or Johnny. Do not start rubbish in a thread. It will only lead to generating interest you do not desire.

With regards to the spools pitting after long term use, i have a 50w Alutecnos and a TLD 20, with wear and tear on them but as we don't use braid i neither have pit marks on any areas where it is starting to corrode on either reel , braid does have that effect on reels and i know no other way of stopping it from happening unless you unspool your line , well i wouldn't want to be doing that every time you finish with your gear.

Unfortunately it happens to pretty much every reel i know of, no you bute recipes to stop it and have heard of no good ideas other than wash & dry. We usually wash our reels with warm soapy water not submerged of course and then a thorough rinse off , the washing detergent helps stop the salt from corroding the spools and back off your drag which most people don't do, same goes for your rod as well with the warm soapy water don't use soap as in powder as it will dry the paintwork out liquid soap has a moisturizer in it and keeps it looking great.

With regards to the benefits compared to a TLD well the TLD is by no means a lower class reel i love mine and have hooked up some pretty fast and mean fish with it and i will back them all the way as my TLD20 is only a one speed same as the Bull Dog BD12 & 16 , the spool width on the TLD 20 is 50mm the BD 16 is actually 56mm width , the TLD has 4 ball bearings and our BD16 has 6 strategically placed ball bearings in other words they are in place at certain positions to get the full benefits , max strike drag on the TLD is 8 kg the BD16 is 15kg correct me if I'm wrong but i think the TLD 20 carries 14kg line or 28-30 lb @ 540m ?off the top of my head and the BD16 carries 25lbs @ 870 YDS or 795.5 meters , both the TLD and the BD16 is pretty much same in width but the Bulldog is heavier whether that be a good thing or bad that's your decision to make. Both reels have loud clickers, both have stainless steel gearing so overall they are separable in design & looks from our perspective.

With regards to Carters qst regarding pics , targeted species etc we were mainly after the big snapper on port Phillip bay due to the fact that they pull hard and will give any reel a workout the biggest hookup was a 8 1/2 kg snapper as it was the start of the Snapper season we were a bit early to get onto the big buggers but up in Port Douglas we did good with a couple of nice Cobia a few good reds and trolled for mackerel without luck . As the Shimano TLD20 of mine has been used for mac tuna this reel is capable of the same. I have added more updated pics to give a better view and size.

We are waiting on our pics from the guys down south will post when they are here.

hope this helps.

This is what we are prepared to do to show we back our gear , If there are 10 fishermen out there that are interested in this Bull dog reel then we will sell them at the wholesale price of $225.00 + GST & Post to show our sincerity as a committed fishermen and seller of fishing tackle across Australia that we mean business and feedback from those ten fishermen or women will tell us what they think of our reels and if there is room for improvement we will change what needs changing.

It does not get any better than that.

my fingers are worn out. ;)

Cheers Mad Mullet and Carter and Tight lines to you both.

post-7746-144598707133_thumb.jpg

post-7746-144598707144_thumb.jpg

post-7746-144598707151_thumb.jpg

post-7746-144598707156_thumb.jpg

Archived