2012 Fishing Mania Summer Classic Fishing Comp.

hugs4mac

Hey mate - first things first welcome to the site and enjoy your stay!

Secondly, do you have your own boat or chasing a deckie spot?

As we get closer - or even now, try to score a deckie spot with some of the experienced fishos on here as it'll be invaluable being with them to help learn the tricks and tips to get onto some fish.

Personally i've never fished noosa but for the comp i'll just stick to what i know and hit man-made/natural structure depending on tides etc.

Goodluck buddy

Yeah there will be a deckie spot for sure.

In addition, could I suggest maybe trying to get along to maybe the AFO X-Mas party. Meeting members face to face in the quickest way to score rides etc. 90% of members are really very friendly people and the 10% that are not, well they generally dont front up to events to it doesnt matter :)

Also with the Summer Classic, there are plenty of land based option for many of the species listed. I would also encourage taking a punt and entering anyway. Closer to date the date have a look at where most people tend to be staying and try and secure accom there. Nothing secures a deckie spot quicker than being on hand with a bunch of friendly AFOers! In addition whats the worst case scenario? You pay a mere $25 to enter a comp, do some land based fishing, meet some awesome characters and still be in with a solid chance at winning some awesome lucky door prizes!

Welcome to the site :)

Angus

If you really interested in getting to know the area, i would highly recommend spending a weekend up at the Noosa Fishing Shak, and go out on a charter with Greg Carter. I just spent a weekend up there and i couldn't recommend it enough, top place, top bloke and full of knowledge.

Check it out under the directory.

Daniel

Maree, you should definately enter! :)

another thought, if deckie spots were unavailable, then there are boats and kayaks for hire along Gympie tce.

I don't know any good spots either, but that doesn't really matter any way because the biggest prize looks to be a lucky door prize!

Cheers

Justin

Archived