Goldy mixed bag - 6 Nov

marty

Had an early morning session on the Goldy looking for more Jacks, but no luck. Managed to land 5 other species including a reasonable GT and Jewie that both pulled hard, plus half a dozen Flathead, pair of Moses Perch and a couple of Bream. Most the fish came fishing small lightly weighted plastics around bridge pylons, including a run of four fish in four casts.

I just fitted structure scan to my sounder and have included a couple of photos in downscan mode - first is the bait around the pylons where I got most the fish, and second is a school of herring. Still mucking around with the optimum settings but very happy at this stage - the detail compared to the standard transducer is tenfold.

Marty

post-3606-144598708094_thumb.jpg

post-3606-144598708102_thumb.jpg

post-3606-144598708105_thumb.jpg

post-3606-144598708111_thumb.jpg

Carter - structure scan is around $600, and will connect to any HDS unit (van be shared with 3 units if you have front and rear displays. I have two specific types of fishing that I plan to use it for, so that is why I took the leap. I will use the side imaging to sound out deep banks up the Pin during Flathead season to locate new fishing spots, and use side imaging and downscan during prawn season to locate prawns, and distinguish prawns from submerged trees - will pay for itself very quickly with a custom net worth $300. It is a bit of a novelty in the creeks and rivers, but even today it help distinguish between bait and trees - saved me at least two lures!

There are a heap of other features I am yet to get my head around.

btw - it takes a bit of time to fit all the pieces too!

Archived