sthandy

Hi Everyone, just found your awesome site last night, looking forward to finding lots of good info here!

I used to be a real keen fisher but for the last 10 years or so my gear only got dusted off once a year when we went for a holiday to Straddie. I used to drive over to the shorncliffe(?) pier and down to the river mouth but I got a bit tired of it and didn't catch much anyways. I've lived in the belief there was nothing in easy reach of the western suburbs of Brissie, but my nephew is staying with us for a while soon and I want to take him fishing. So when I did a search I tripped over this site and so hope to pick some of your brains about good spots in the river and a bit about modernising my tackle, I know nothing about plastics. I'd love to tag along with some natives of the area if I could too. And I also have a small cast net for 20 years and never really come to terms with it, so I might be asking for pointers about it and where to use it. I am shore based.

regards

Michael

You've landed yourself in a bloody top notch club here mate...

I've basically changed my style of fishing all together, and that is through picking brains, poaching ideas..... and have recently been on my first club trip to Wave Break Island...With the Wanderers..

Welcome aboard mate, you'll never look back, and your nephew, will be thanking you for the rest of his life :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Tight Lines buddy

Vic

welcome to the AFO community mate, you'll soon figure out we're all a little addicted to fishing and this site.

if you want to meet some good people and get a few helpfull words of advice come along to some of the many social events and comps that the admin puts on for everyone.

welcome to the AFO community mate, you'll soon figure out we're all a little addicted to fishing
AAAHHH....just a little

and this site.

Admitting it is the first step.

I'm a "social user" myself, while I fish alone from time to time, I prefer having a little company, which I have whenever needed now, and I'm working on getting the next generation addicted as well...

"Hi, my name is Dan, and I'm an addict."

Archived