Love is not love

buih87

This has been bugging me for a while... Dont get me wrong i am a super keen fisherman. rain or shine, high or low tide doesnt bother me. I have a few friends not from this site and they always ask me to take them fishing when i show them pictures of my catch. they tell me they love fishing because it's fun. I tell them next time i'll invite them. when i do invite them, they never come(makes excuses) and when they do go, i spend more time baiting up or rigging up after snags. i explained to them how to avoid snags but they never learn. and it's not like i catch fish every time i go. i dont show them pictures of little catch. they just think it is easy every time and expect you can catch like 50 fish in a hour. fishing is always a hit and miss, especially landbased.

They cant say they love fishing when they really dont at all! :evil:

does anyone from this site have friends who say they love fishing but really they dont at all? complain complain complain :dry:

Understand your thoughts, I think most of us have friends that are like that, I have a few friends that like to fish, but like your story they don't listen and snag the line, tying the hook direct to braid, messing up your line, go in your tackle box like they own it and mess it up, and use your bait and not even offer to help clean your gear, and thats even after you tell them what and how to do things.

easy fix, next time make them bait up their own gear and retie it as well. also make em bring thier own gear and bait if they use up thier bait/terminal tackle too bad. might teach them to listen and learn.

Hahaha i actually bring a little tackle book so when they ask me anything i just throw them that so they can read and learn themselves:P

Mate well put.. I have quite a few friends who have seen some big threadies Ive caught live baiting and said the same, I love fishing but I only catch little stuff, Id love to catch something like that. Then after I anchor at my sot, every 15 minutes, do you think we should move,,,, are there fish on the sounder.. I explain that sometimes I sit here for three hours before getting a propper hook up but that patience gets reuslts.. they cant believe I would sit there for that long.. my response... thats why you never show me photos of big fish... There are people who fish and there are fishermen... I like to think I slot well into the second catagory :P

Hai, most of your mates are computer geeks. Its hard getting geeks to go outdoors, especially fishing. THey see that you have caught fish on there 60 inch computer monitors and you look cool, they try to copy you but fail.

geeks will always be geeks :silly:

So, "drop those Zeros, and find some real friend Fishos" :lol::lol:

aha... thats how my mate lost 700 bucks worth of gear.

was too busy bringing these people who kept bugging him to take em fishing.

had to rig and prepare shit for them while they stood there, didnt even split for gas

hate bringing people like that along

in any case, I HATE FISHING

but I love catching fish :woohoo:

the best way to get people to love fishing is to find a school of bass in a well stocked dam and drop live shrimp and worms down and let them pull in fish after fish. Then they go and try the same thing without you next time and fail. Then wonder why you know where the fish are. Like mentioned previously, they struggle to put in the hard yards.

Hai, most of your mates are computer geeks. Its hard getting geeks to go outdoors, especially fishing. THey see that you have caught fish on there 60 inch computer monitors and you look cool, they try to copy you but fail.

geeks will always be geeks :silly:

So, "drop those Zeros, and find some real friend Fishos" :lol::lol:

i am a geek and i love fishing. maybe i am weird... hahaha

Archived