Bullies on fire

WayneD

Took the lil punt down the Logan on Sunday arvo for a few hours. Got some live mullet with a few throws of the net and headed to try a new spot. The little 44lb electric goes alright on the back of the punt. I'd say it's just faster than using a kayak, but so much easier.

Anyway got to my chosen spot and threw out two mullet and sat down to apply some sunscreen. Didn't even get to finish rubbing it in to my nose before the first mullet got hit. Manage to land a nice little 80cm ish bully. Problem was he bit through my landing net... I'm not going to go into details but from then on it was pretty constant action. I ended up landing 7 sharks, missing about the same number of runs and had only 1 bite off. Had to stop half way through and get some more live mullet!!

My net now has 2 dirty great big holes in it and I ended up using my lip grippers to land them. It all culminated in a double hookup at the end that saw me have two sharks flopping around in the bottom of my boat. It was a great afternoon.

As always all sharks were released so I can catch them again later. The deck I put on the punt worked a treat and adds a heap more room to the little 10ft boat.

post-1190-144598759261_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598759265_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598759269_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598759615_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598759619_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the small pics it's not letting me insert them for some reason and I can only upload 1 pic at a time so I have to keep editing it to add another.

What's up with that?

Sorry about that. We had a little upgrade last night and the images are now having a problem. I'm sure Johnny will be on to it asap. :)

Deck looks good, although a bit different to the other day ??

Archived