technical questions about AFO comps

Rocket75

A topical question for you all....what if the video contains images of out of season fish and undersized / oversize fish?

Didn't see any mention of that in the requirements/rules/criteria that I could see?

Rod

:huh: ROFL :unsure: :whistle:

I'm sticking to the non-fishing theme to be safe :P :pinch: :silly: :lol: Just jokes

spilt milk man give it a rest, you are really starting to look bad, free forum free comp. isn't it

It's a very valid and serious question Bommie. I'm not taking the piss, just trying to figure out what is allowed and what is not. At this stage there is not a clear ruling on this and unless we ask we don't know.

Think of me what you will, but the point remains valid.

spilt milk man give it a rest, you are really starting to look bad, free forum free comp. isn't it

It's a very valid and serious question Bommie. I'm not taking the piss, just trying to figure out what is allowed and what is not. At this stage there is not a clear ruling on this and unless we ask we don't know.

Think of me what you will, but the point remains valid.

I kind of agree with Rocket, I was actually going to ask the same question as Rocket was earlier. Those that have cameras and use editing software know that a lot of work could go into a good report of this nature and to have it ruled invalid due to undisclosed rules or ROTM being cancelled for some unknown reason could cause people to get annoyed.

Come on Fellas do you want AFO to stick around? the guys secure a new sponsor who are also keen to contribute to it's members

and were going to trash this thread as well

There already is a thread that well and truly covers all these concerns!!!

Don't take offense but it seems like the same rubbish is just being regurgitated !!!

Not sure that ego comes into it. In anything I do I just like to know the rules and then play by them. Don't mind losing, I'm actually pretty good at it as I have had a lot of practice :) What I don't like is having the goal posts moved mid game...on me or anyone else for that matter.

If my questions save this confusion for future rotm or any other comp then I think my time trying to get some clarification has been well spent.

My point has never been about whether I won or not, I have entered and not won on many occasions, it's more the reasons I was given for my disqualification.

Thanks to the mods for moving this topic to a more suitable location ;)

" if the report contains any activity which is illegal or includes any fish caught out of season then it is not eligible to be considered for the "Report of the Month"

I guess this would be the same for this comp. yes/no

---------------------------------

I'd agree 100% Bommie...if indeed this was posted in the rules and judging criteria for comps.

To the best of my knowledge it wasn't nor has it been since.

As per the full quote from Orca's post, that wasn't a rule or criteria for entry...it was a guiding principal that the judges used but seemingly no-one else was aware of :unsure:

"After the flak from Dan Youngs post and also Angus's post about the Noosa Barra the judges came up with a guiding principle which i believe is very clear concise and unambiguous. Perhaps this was not communicated to the Forum adequately but as far as i was concerned that was the way we were to look at reports from that point onwards. Hence my comment that the precedent had been set and i felt i had no option but to vote against Rods report.

The guiding principle was as follows: " if the report contains any activity which is illegal or includes any fish caught out of season then it is not eligible to be considered for the "Report of the Month""

So, my question in this instance is ... what rules apply, the written or the unwritten? :blink:

As a side matter, the word "illegal" is a bone of contention (ie undersized and oversized fish)

free comp. free forum so why get annoyed if you get disqualified
I didn't get disqualified, I am just saying that if people are going to take the time to put a video together, using editing software and downloading images etc in order to enter, it would be great if all the rules were known by all and unambiguous so everyone is a happy camper!

free comp. free forum so why get annoyed if you get disqualified
I didn't get disqualified, I am just saying that if people are going to take the time to put a video together, using editing software and downloading images etc in order to enter, it would be great if all the rules were known by all and unambiguous so everyone is a happy camper!

I did not say you got disqualified but if you were to, if you re-read my post 'you' was being use in reference to anyone filming editing and entering the video competition, just can't see why someone would get annoyed over a free competition

I remember a kayak social a few years back at Currimundi and everyone had a great time, and a friendly comp. I got dudded of my rightful place as most awesome bream angler of the day by Rocket. The comps I am used to are artificial lure and fly only and he was using live yabbies and made a late charge and pipped me by a few mm's. In my heart I know I am better than him, even though he got the accolades and pulled all the hot chicks at the prize presentation. :pinch:

A topical question for you all....what if the video contains images of out of season fish and undersized / oversize fish?

Didn't see any mention of that in the requirements/rules/criteria that I could see?

Rod

Firstly, as written in a few other posts, AFO will be undertaking a review and compilation of the separate rules we have for our overall site, forum, events and competitions. This will be done over the coming weeks.

With regard to the Video Competition, a quick summary of the proposed (but not finalised due to the review process mentioned above) is:

- It is quite an open competition with not many rules to complicate things

- Footage can be from any time period, so footage can be for example from last year or from 1984. As such it cannot be judged if a fish is from a closed season or not legal size as it cannot be ascertained what the date was or what the laws and regulations were at the time the footage was taken. However we still need to review this point.

- If AFO deem something a deliberate illegal activity we have the right to remove the content and also the ability for it to win a prize.

This is a fairly light-hearted competition to showcase people's filming and editing talents rather than wholly their fishing prowess.

hehe

i think that was my second afo comp/social ,what a great day it was .took rhy's who was sick all day and puking ,forgot my bait and fished with plastics all day to catch a soul. bought a pink and black rod off rocket for my mrs that she won't use . it has no mojo when i use it ,but soon as some one else touches it .its gold and goes off .

as for chicks SSO round 2 ,davo and the chicks .

post-4394-144598764333_thumb.jpg

Archived