Tyres for 1992 Rodeo 4x4

Homer4duff

Ring around the wreckers.

I found two ~50% tread Michelins M/S for the Navara for $65 each. (The ones that had a 100,000km guarantee)

Unfortunately the load rating was only 1110kg and min required is 1160kg so the tyre place would not fit them to the vehicle. I removed a wheel and they were able to put it on that so now 1 is the spare and 1 is spare. So make sure you know a bit more than just the usual 205/80R16. Have a look on the vehicle at the sticker that tells you inflation levels etc.

Shortie, If they're the same tread pattern then I don't see the problem with 2 at a time. Not much difference to you having two MT's on the front that have worn faster than the two on the back.

Ring around the wreckers.

I found two ~50% tread Michelins M/S for the Navara for $65 each. (The ones that had a 100,000km guarantee)

Unfortunately the load rating was only 1110kg and min required is 1160kg so the tyre place would not fit them to the vehicle. I removed a wheel and they were able to put it on that so now 1 is the spare and 1 is spare. So make sure you know a bit more than just the usual 205/80R16. Have a look on the vehicle at the sticker that tells you inflation levels etc.

Shortie, If they're the same tread pattern then I don't see the problem with 2 at a time. Not much difference to you having two MT's on the front that have worn faster than the two on the back.

That is why you rotate them so they wear evenly. then replace 4

Thanks for the replies guys. The car came with good front tyres and worn rears so I'm only working with what I have and I'm not wasting good money replacing tyres just for the sake of it when the car may only do such small milage.

Tomca thanks for suggesting Colemans, I'm on the north so the trip to Wacol may not be worth it but I'l call em.

Ellicat the tyre shops seem to have a lot of brand new Bridgestone Dueler H/T D840 that come off the Navaras for about $165 but I'm not sure they'd be any good in sand etc. Second hand tyres from wreckers would be hit and miss especially when tyres deteriorate and crack with age even if the tread is good?

Hmmm

Shortie how much are BF goodridge or Mickey thompsons ?

also remember when buying 2nd hand tires that the date stamp is less than 6 years old.

Otherwise i believe its may be illegal to fit them. Even if its not the rubber does deteriote over time even if they are never installed on a vehicle

The date is a four digit number on the tyre wall near the rim. The first two numbers represent the week of the year and the last two represent the year - so 4904 would be early December 2004.

Thanks for the replies guys. The car came with good front tyres and worn rears so I'm only working with what I have and I'm not wasting good money replacing tyres just for the sake of it when the car may only do such small milage.

Tomca thanks for suggesting Colemans, I'm on the north so the trip to Wacol may not be worth it but I'l call em.

Ellicat the tyre shops seem to have a lot of brand new Bridgestone Dueler H/T D840 that come off the Navaras for about $165 but I'm not sure they'd be any good in sand etc. Second hand tyres from wreckers would be hit and miss especially when tyres deteriorate and crack with age even if the tread is good?

Hmmm

Shortie how much are BF goodridge or Mickey thompsons ?

You'd be surprised how many young vehicles have bingles ;) Also, you inspect before you buy. $260 for 4 corners is way better than $2,000 for 4 corners.

Shortie, Tyres is spelt Tyres in Australia. You'll have to tell Mr Apple :P:lol:

[quote name="ellicat" post=403484

Shortie' date=' Tyres is spelt Tyres in Australia. You'll have to tell Mr Apple :P:lol:

Hah! I didn't see anything wrong with his spelling. :lol:

I've got Cooper Discoverers on the Jeep. If you want a good sete of off-road tyres that will last longer than most others, Coopers are a good choice.

My problem is that I need to buy just 1 tyre; my spare, which looks like it was the stock tyre that came with the jeep, is shot.

Gary,

I disagree. I will newver put another set of coopers on my vehicles again.

They wear vbery unevenly. Within no time at all the car gets very noisey and sound like a helicopter coming up the road.

They do however offer huge Km warranty. But to keep the warrnaty rotated balanced and wheel alignments must be proven.

I wont touch them again. HAve had 2 sets of 2 seperate vehicles.

Bridgestone Dueler H/T D840 getting quotes for $150.

Are these any good?

I bit the bullet and went with these for a couple of reasons.

1. They match the front tyres so I now have the same set on all fours

2. Car is currently unregistered so getting to Goodna not possible. I just jacked up the car one corner at a time and drove the wheel to the shop, fitted one, back and repeated the process.

I'm happy with $150 each as that seems an ok price with other shops quoting $30-$40 more each tyre

Thanks for everyones input.

Cheers :-)

Archived